Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Copy Recipe or Meal to Change Items

Options
centre21
centre21 Posts: 3 Member
Greetings,

When it comes to recipes, I have several that are essentially the same thing, but one ingredient has changed; for example, I have two salad recipes where the protein changes (one has chicken, one has pork). I'd like the ability to copy recipes and meals with new names so I don't have to re-invent the wheel every time I change one ingredient in a recipe or food in a meal.

Cheers
8 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    For meals it's pretty easy. Just add the meal you want to modify to your diary, edit what you want and then save the meal with whatever name you choose.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    You can copy a recipe if you use the website. Then you can edit it, rename it, etc. I do it all the time.
    However I don't see a way to do it when using the app.
  • shinigan
    shinigan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea! I have my chili recipe saved twice, one with turkey, one with beef, but would use this with taco meat and spaghetti sauce too.
  • Hudson
    Hudson Posts: 74 MFP Staff
    Options
    GinLee61 wrote: »
    You can copy a recipe if you use the website. Then you can edit it, rename it, etc. I do it all the time.
    However I don't see a way to do it when using the app.

This is correct. You can currently do this from the website. But another workaround I personally do is I create a recipe for the part(s) that won't change. So like the sauce itself. Then I log that and the protein is its own item either in a Meal or on the Diary.