Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Bring back multi add

Bring back the multi add feature!! The new update is terrible, nothing adds to your list when you select the plus button
21 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• respencer
    respencer Posts: 1 Member
    This is exactly what I was wanting info on! This new plus box multi add is horrible! Bring back the check boxes so I can actually see what all has been selected! Also it locks up without seeing what has been logged. Just terrible!
  • OnTheRoad24
    OnTheRoad24 Posts: 200 Member
    I use the multi-add all the time... it shows up on my app
  • stefenic
    stefenic Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2022
    Same reason I'm here (using Android app with Premium MFP account). My app now has plus signs that immediately add the selected item to the diary with a brief "Food logged!" popup at the bottom of the screen and no indication of what was logged (so you better hope you didn't accidentally hit the plus sign on unintended items while scrolling!). There is no multi-add and no longer an option for "multi-add by default" in the Diary Settings.

I do time-restricted eating and also use the app to track what supplements I'm taking on a given day. I change my supplements weekly or monthly. I frequently log things I know I will be eating/drinking or taking ahead of time so I won't forget to do it in the moment (i.e. I log my morning coffee, mid-morning supplements, and mid-morning tea first thing in the morning, so I don't have to stop in the middle of a busy work day to log the mid-morning items).

I also like to log my meals while preparing them so I can just enjoy myself when it's time to eat, which requires setting the diary time stamp to a later time.

I need my time stamps correct and don't want the app automatically using the current time or defaulting to the last time used on each item added with the plus button. Speaking of which, this new update also seems to be randomly switching back and forth between either using the current time or the last time used, so I can't easily find what was logged in order to edit the time after it's already in the diary. And I need multi-add so I don't have to edit the time on every individual item, but can choose a time stamp to put on all items in the meal at once.

This is obnoxious and needs to be fixed.
  • alexlopezrocha
    alexlopezrocha Posts: 1 Member
    Hi folks!

Since few weeks back the multi add feature has been removed, is there any idea to bring it back?
  • pattimoree
    pattimoree Posts: 1 Member
    I couldn't agree more with everyone! Bring back multi-add!!!
  • tdhandy51
    tdhandy51 Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 2022
    I agree with the post, why was Multi add removed from the app?
  • zephyr612
    zephyr612 Posts: 6 Member
    Add me to the list. The new plus sign method isn't nearly effective as the check boxes.
  • margieshoe
    margieshoe Posts: 20 Member
    Agree. The new add system is clunky and not user friendly. Also can't turn phone on side to get running totals of macros anymore.
  • janetmay66
    janetmay66 Posts: 1 Member
    Agree! The new checkmark sucks! I also want to be able to turn my phone to get nutrient info.