Is there a way to add cooking instructions to recipes?

Options
sjwentz
sjwentz Posts: 2 Member
I now have a number of recipes and I would like to just use my phone in the kitchen to cook. Now I need to refer to the Food Diary ( I pre-load the menu for the day then adjust at the end) and then look up the recipe either on-line or in my recipe hard copy book.
A field in each recipe to either copy instruction from the imported recipe and/or add them would be a welcomed addition.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    Options
    When you're entering the recipe on the website, MFP used to ask if you wanted to share it with other users, and if you said yes, it would allow you to provide directions and click various tags (don't remember exactly what they were -- stuff like soup, entree, desserts, etc., and "cuisine" style, I think, maybe prep time) -- but when I tried to do it, it said the feature wasn't active yet. In any case, I never found a way to access the directions after they were entered.

A work around occurs to me: Paste the directions into the "food notes" the first time you prepare it, and include the date of the first time you prepared it in the name of the food (e.g., Cucumber salad, 11 April 2022) so you can find the directions in your food log the next time you want to make it.