Motivation to Login

simpsonr
simpsonr Posts: 10
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Anyone else finding it difficult to log in every day? I find that the day gets away from me, and if I don't get to the computer, then I have no accountability, and the tendency to slack off is greater. So how do you make yourself log in?

Replies

• deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,376 Member
    Participating in the forums helps. Even if it isn't health related. There are some "games" you can get involved with on the forum. We do a "Name That Tune" type of a game. Others do word games. At least you're motivated to get on the computer and login to the website that way. As long as you're on you may as well log your food and exercise.

Good luck.
  • My motivation is I REALLY want to get to 100 days!!!! You know if you miss ONE stinking day they start you over! So Even if I am busy...I AM HERE for that purpose! GOOD LUCK!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Haha I've logged in for 125 days straight, and I find that I don't want to break my "record", so I log in just to keep going. :smile: also, making friends on here who cheer you on is a great motivator.

I also make it part of my routine to log in. I log my food every day anyway, and my exercise, but the first thing I do after my shower in the morning is log in to MFP. Even if you're just logging in so that you can keep your days going up and up, it's a start. And once you get here, you'll find that you're more motivated to log your calories in/out.

Good luck!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    i just made it a habit to get up, weigh-in and then log on for a bit before going out to do my walk.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Even though I've only been on here about 2 weeks, I've found myself addicted and can't stay away :smile:. I really enjoy the forums and reading what other people have to say and trying to help them if I can.
  • sbear867
    sbear867 Posts: 249 Member
    Anyone else finding it difficult to log in every day? I find that the day gets away from me, and if I don't get to the computer, then I have no accountability, and the tendency to slack off is greater. So how do you make yourself log in?

Some days I find plenty of time to log in, others go by without even a slight chance, so I keep a small notebook in my purse and write everything down, Food/Exercise. I know even if I can't log that day I still have a record to put in when I get the chance. It keeps me even more in check the days I can't log since I'm not totally sure of my calorie intake until I log it, so I find I am so careful I usually eat better those days.
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    As a recent jpiner to MFP i found a thread on here where a group of us got together to do a 30 day challenge on the Wii EA sports active. This means that i have made friends and loffed in most days so i can show my sucess to others and inspire my friends when they are felling low.
    the only problem is that we finish this on the 30th July and jsut hope that everyone wants to start another challenge

You are more than welcome to join us.......

Mandie
    xxxx
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Depends on the day for sure. Most days I have plenty of time...others, not a chance, and well, yesterday, we had an internet outage! :angry: I have been with MFP since Jan '09. There are times I feel like it's an obsession. But, what I am also learning is that when I stray, I don't have results. I also have been on a team since joining and well, look forward to posting as often as I can to get and receive support. A few times I have been an nasty funk and not reported for a few weeks. Knowing others were concerned for me is what brought me back. These people understand me more than anyone else in my 'living' life! The support here is #1 :bigsmile:
  • Suksabai
    Suksabai Posts: 10
    I've put into 'My Favourites' and it has just become part of my daily computer routine. I switch on and open up Hotmail, Facebook & MFP. Simple!
  • Nance46
    Nance46 Posts: 1
    I agree. I have the same problem.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member

I am fortunate in that I have an iphone and log my food onto MFP that way as I go along during the day.

I do log into the site via my computer each day though, it's become a habit now, good habit to have though :laugh:

I am so determined to lose this excess weight and logging into MFP is part of my weight loss plan.
  • tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    What motivates me is seeing other people logging in frequently on my feed. It seems the ones that are, are the ones having consistent success.
  • SylvieJacques
    SylvieJacques Posts: 113 Member
    I made it my home page, so when I use my computer it pops up and the first thing i find myself doing is looking around.
  • bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    I log in 3 or 4 times a day, sometimes more. I have found great friends and support on this site and I love seeing what they are up to. As you add new friends you'll get support from them and you'll be able to support them as well. It makes logging in fun.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Even though I've only been on here about 2 weeks, I've found myself addicted and can't stay away :smile:. I really enjoy the forums and reading what other people have to say and trying to help them if I can.

I agree I am addicted too!:laugh: Right now I am trying to find a balance between MFP and my other responsilbiliteis. I enjoy interacting with others with similar goals and gaining helpful tidbits and reminders daily.

In the morning or night before I do my calories for the next day. Then when I get to work I log on to make adjustment during the day and at lunch I send shouts out if I did not have time to do so before lunch and then before I leave work I adjust my food dairy accordingly and then before I turn in I do more shouts out and receive more reminders and tidbits.

You lose a lot if you do not participate. To me is like a village working towards the same goals. MFP works if you work it. Make time for yourself because you are important enough to do so. Even if you don't have much time at least keep your food and exercise diaries. Good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • simpsonr
    simpsonr Posts: 10
    This is a great suggestion, because writing everything down even if I can't log in, makes for some accountability.
This discussion has been closed.