Women’s Health Month: Eating for Impact

2»

Replies

• stephanienelsonrd
    stephanienelsonrd Posts: 36 MFP Staff
    edited May 2022
    This week, we’re talking about how to eat better in order to sleep better. Did you know nutrition and sleep are closely related? A diet high in processed foods, saturated fats, sugar, and sodium is linked to poor sleep.

Comment in the thread below:
    • Have you noticed that certain foods keep you up at night?
    • Are there drinks you generally avoid when you need to rest?
    • What are your go-to foods when you want some shuteye?

41ae4yoj1666.png
  • stephanienelsonrd
    ybt27t5wa27c.png
  • stephanienelsonrd
    1hv72fkg47ak.png
  • tschunk2021
    tschunk2021 Posts: 5 Member
    #jennkauff1 wow you took the words rt out of my mouth gf! Feeling the same way as you and that is brought me to my this app
  • stephanienelsonrd
    This week, we’re talking about how certain foods can boost your mood. Did you know that the key to eating to improve your mental health has a lot to do with maintaining a healthy gut? Healthy bacteria in your gut produce compounds that help your body maintain hormone balance.

• Have you noticed a shift in your mood after eating certain foods?
    • What are your go-to snacks for gut-healthy probiotics?
    • Do you feel stress around certain foods? If so, how have you overcome it?
    357jh994emal.png

• VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    I feel really vital with certain foods that I eat regularly.
    Microgreens, Broccoli, Dark leafy greens, Avocado, Tumeric, Nuts, Seeds, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, Chlorella, Sunflower/hemp/pea/ rice protein, Green Vibrance and celery smoothie.

I also like Okinawa ( Hawaii) purple sweet potatoes, steamed asparagus, tempeh, tofu and Japanese sweet potatoes. I started making smoothies with green bananas for prebiotics.
    When I eat these foods I feel like I'm eating to Live.

On special occasion we go to a few very fancy vegan restaurants that have raw and organic foods. I also love an occasion a l piece of vegan cheesecake 😋
  • ksgcslater
    ksgcslater Posts: 1 Member
    I'm one of those people who can't go without breakfast. If I do, my blood sugar plummets and I get really cranky! Most days I make a smoothie with half a banana, some frozen fruit, mixed veggies like cucumber, carrot, or beets. I also put in a handful of super greens, almonds, protein powder, flax, chia, coconut water, psyllium and apple cider vinegar. It fills me up and I can go hours with being hungry. Oh and also a cup of coffee but only one!! I find it I only have cereal or oatmeal, I get hungry faster even when I add nuts to it.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,708 Member
    ksgcslater wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who can't go without breakfast. If I do, my blood sugar plummets and I get really cranky! Most days I make a smoothie with half a banana, some frozen fruit, mixed veggies like cucumber, carrot, or beets. I also put in a handful of super greens, almonds, protein powder, flax, chia, coconut water, psyllium and apple cider vinegar. It fills me up and I can go hours with being hungry. Oh and also a cup of coffee but only one!! I find it I only have cereal or oatmeal, I get hungry faster even when I add nuts to it.

So interesting I am the same way! I have veggies. Green smoothies in a.m. oatmeal totally makes me hungrier. I only have at night if I do for dinner
  • stephanienelsonrd
    chsnspb9x1kd.png
    iaqdsvusnw3y.png
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,813 MFP Staff
    yvzgfb0p6doj.png

We’ve come to the end of our Women’s Health Month Eating for Impact initiative. But we hope you’ll continue eating for better energy, focus, sleep, and mood for the long haul! Before we close out this discussion, we’d love to hear your thoughts on our four-part series.

• How did you eat for impact?
    • What was the most interesting thing you learned while eating for impact?
    • Which tips worked for you?
    • Are there any tips you’d like to add to eat for better energy, focus, sleep, and mood?

• Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member
    I really enjoyed this segment and how thought provoking it was