New with 23lbs to lose

Options
lawlorka
lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
Hi Everyone!!

I'm 28yrs old, 5'2" and when I weighed myself at the start of the week I was 11st 1 3/4lbs....

In 2010 I was 11st 9lbs and went down to 10st 2lbs which was great, but I've gained it all back on again, so am back on a calorie controlled diet and increased my exercise in a hope of getting down finally to my ideal weight of 9st 7lbs - so 23lbs to lose!

I know I can do it, I've done it before mostly - what I think MFP is going to help with is maintaining it once I get there!

I'm going home for Christmas for the first time in a few years too this year, so it would be nice not to look like a fat slob when I get there!

I know 23lbs is small beans compared to some of the inspired people here - but I am definitely going to need support and motivation to help me get through it!

Thanks for reading

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
    You will meet a lot of nice and friendly people here; I'm sure of it! Just in training, never forget THAT YOU CAN DO THIS! It's allllll in your reach! :happy:

Good luck and I am always open if needed!
  • kevineneal
    kevineneal Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. Im new here too and have been looking for motivational buddies
  • Featherlite19
    Options
    Hey there :smile: I too have a quite a bit of weight to lose to reach my target. Reaching that goal seems impossible, especially after having let myself go for so long! But, at the end of the day, its all about changing one's mindset and trying at least, right. Having the support of individuals who are in the same boat as you, and know how you feel, would definitely be a great encouragement. btw, I'm new to MFP as well!
  • mariecurie88
    mariecurie88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3'' with the same goal. Add me! Would love the support as well.
  • amatolauren
    amatolauren Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, this site i have learned is wonderful, many many people are on here to support others. when i was feeling i couldnt do it i had many people comment on me and say you can . and they helped me get back on track. this is SO much better than going to meetings and everything. i havent lost much but it is a process. and im going to do it. but i gotta get commited again. :( i feel ive lost it. but im sticking by a little bit.

but add me and we can work together, i hope everything works out . "if you can dream you can be it" ! )
  • bodysoulhealth
    Options
    Yes, I think maintaining is the real struggle, because if you're doing it right you're doing it forever. I have 35 pounds left to left to lose to reach a weight I haven't been at since I was 19! I'm adding you so we can help motivate each other :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I actually reached my goal but have decided to lose a few more lbs to help with maintenance. Feel free to add me! MFP makes it toally doable, because you can see exactly what you're putting in - and if its too much you can take it off again or do some exercise!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and to those that added me as a friend!

How often do you guys weigh in. I used to only do it once a week, but am tempted to do it more often now but I don't want to get myself down if I haven't lost anything mid week!
  • amatolauren
    amatolauren Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i like to weigh in about once a month. so i dont get depressed if i havent lost or gained. that way i keep my head up the whole month and dont end up eating my feelings :)
  • Sarasota_Guy
    Sarasota_Guy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! :) You have a very attainable goal, and I wish you the best of luck! :)