Before you drink that Coke!!!!! Or Diet Coke ;)

Options
I just copied this from my FaceBook page because I know some of you might like to grab that Coke, or Diet Coke. Here's something to think about.

Love the facts about the water
EVERYONE CHECK IT OUT!

Water or Coke? We all know that water is important but I’ve never seen it written like this before. and REMEMBER if you "SHARE" this post it will SAVE on your personal page so you can refer to it later.

WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

IMPORTANT INFO

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

At the animal shelter,it is used to remove calcium deposits from the water pans about ever 6 months.

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I drink both, crazy I know. I remember that article from over a decade ago.....pretty funny in the way it's suppose to make people shutter in horror. I use to use coke to get the blue off the chrome exhaust of my Ducati.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Do some research instead of reading rubbish posted on Failbook. It's all BS about Coke.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Strong bro-science is strong.

The first section, on water, looks like it comes from the book "Your Body's Many Cries for Water." You can read more about his "research" here: http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/batman.html
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

You can put a T-bone steak in my mouth and it will be gone in 2 minutes. Does this mean I'm dangerous? :frown:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
    What's the pH of stomach acid?
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Under mild dehydration, your body can shut down up to a third of it's processes?

That doesn't sound right to me...
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach. It has a pH of 1.5 to 3.5 and is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 parts per million) as high as 0.1 M,[1] and large quantities of potassium chloride (KCl) and sodium chloride (NaCl).
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The things people will believe
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This still won't stop me from enjoying a coke.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Gastric acid is a digestive fluid, formed in the stomach. It has a pH of 1.5 to 3.5 and is composed of hydrochloric acid (HCl) (around 0.5%, or 5000 parts per million) as high as 0.1 M,[1] and large quantities of potassium chloride (KCl) and sodium chloride (NaCl).

The actual pH of Coke is about 5.5 in the mouth after a few moments.

Science: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17333990

I don't drink coke but I don't like bullsh!t.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    First, let me say that I do not drink soda of any kind and I do believe it can be bad for you in certain quantities (or, in the case of diet soda, in any quantity, but that's because of the artificial sweetener), however, your post has been noted false by Snopes in several different threads. Here's just one of them:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Um...this was busted by Mythbusters in their first sesson on air. Just thought I would point that out.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You can put a T-bone steak in my mouth and it will be gone in 2 minutes. Does this mean I'm dangerous? :frown:

only around cows!
  • jdahveed
    Options
    Firstly, the OP should recognize the difference between "Properties of" and "Uses for." Water is known as the 'universal solvent' for a reason.

Secondly:

Marry me? ;)
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness this post only seems to apply to Americans.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Um...this was busted by Mythbusters in their first sesson on air. Just thought I would point that out.

yep
    here if you want to watch:
    http://player.discoveryeducation.com/views/hh_httpView.cfm?guidAssetId=4aab2af6-b242-439b-bfbe-15670afe09c5
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We get it! Coke and Diet coke are extracted from the bosom of Satan himself.

tumblr_lu3ku6bTs21qd6k8fo1_500.gif
  • expoduck
    expoduck Posts: 59
    Options
    Here's a scary statistic for you:

98% OF THE CRAP POSTED ON FACEBOOK IS CRAP! :drinker:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness this post only seems to apply to Americans.

Word.
    canadian-pride_zpsd94aecfe.jpg