Personal Trainer food meal plan, has anyone tried?

Options

Replies

• clau_nectarina
    clau_nectarina Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Shadowfax44: It does take a lot of freezer space because they send you something like 28 meats and 28 veggies at least... that's a lot of food. I use the microwave to heat it (3.5 minutes for meat and veggie together). You don't have to subscribe, you can order just once. You might get 'referral' benefits after your first order; if your friend buys with your referral link, you both get cash-back for a subsequent order. Some of the proteins are too salty - the marinara chicken and the steak strips in particular; everything else (in my opinion) is fine.
  • caaccountant
    caaccountant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well, I just started PTF today and so far I am impressed. I am a guy, so I think the portions are a bit small, but once i put it on a plate, i realize that they are not as small as they seem in a bag (except for the onion meatballs!). The food seems tasty. I don't know if I will be able to stay off the scale for the full 28 days, but it doesn' t matter. As long as I can fit back into my clothes that I love and haven't been able to get into in quite a while, I will be happy. The price is really not that bad if you were like me and spending the same amount of money a month on eating out, plus groceries. This is all in 1 except for the breakfasts. I prefer to cook eggs and buy sausage patty's myself for cheaper.

Also, don't forget to drink lots of water and walk 10-30 minutes a day EVERYDAY!
  • smileforred
    Options
    I am obese, so I have a ton of weight to lose. My results may be a bit higher based on my BMI. I started eating PTF on January 6. So far, so good. I have already lost 6.5 lbs (I know, I should not weigh myself yet). I have not cheated once and find the food really good. This is not my first rodeo. I lost weight about 10 years ago (100lbs) doing body for life. I know how to eat well but I am lazy. I let work and my family get the best of me.

PTF is really really easy and quick. I have food ready in 3.5 minutes. I am only using PTF for lunch and dinner; I am making sensible breakfast and snacks. So far, it is working. I used to spend a ton of money on eating out, so the plan is much less expensive (with groupon). I have enjoyed everything except the chicken sticks. The sausages are really good. So fingers crossed, I can stick with it. I am doing everything right (writing down my food, staying positive, walking, drinking water). Just need to make it a way of life and this feels like a first great step. Good luck to all!
  • shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    So far I am in love with this food. It tastes so good. I promised my trainer I would give him 30 days of healthy eating and I was dreading it so much. I thought the food was going to be horrible and I’m not a fan of vegetables. So far I am very pleased. I already have 3 of my co-workers trying it out. Today the office had pizza and for the 1st time ever, I didn’t want any, I wanted my Marinara Chicken and vegetables. Never in a million years had I thought I wouldn’t want pizza.

Now b/c of my workout which includes heavy lifting, HIIT, and Martial Arts, sometimes on the same day, I will have potatoes or something else that puts more carbs in my system to keep me going. But definitely this is a good starting point for someone that hates the kitchen and can set fire boiling water.
  • WannaBeDiesel
    WannaBeDiesel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try this whole thing.... It's free. Plus you get a meal plan and learn to work out the right way :) Good LUck
  • VGhan
    VGhan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is day 5 on PTF for me. My results will not be likely for those who aren't super obese. I love the convenience! The food is good. I'm not hungry. In fact, I now have to remind myself to finish my meals. I ordered the high protein plan which includes 120 proteins only. It stuffed my freezer.
    I know it says to not use a scale, but I have. As of this morning, I have lost 14.8lbs. (I started at 310.8- so not everyone would find the same results this quick). I have followed the plan almost completely. I add veggies, salads, almonds to meals and for snacks. They say no fruit, but I have had about 5 grapes & 1 lg strawberry daily. I carefully watch the sugars/carbs, I use organic, grass-fed butter or organic coconut oil on my veggies. I drink at least 10 cups of H2O daily, sometimes as much as 13 in the first couple of days.
    I have not experienced any of the carb/sugar withdrawal symptoms they warn of, nor have I had cravings. (I did plan the start of this diet to coincide with a time of month that I'm not having cravings to begin with.)
    Yes, a few of the foods are salty. A friend's doctor recently told her that due to drinking 10+ cups of H2O daily she needed to increase her salt intake. I imagine that plays a part in the higher sodium.
    This program couldn't be any easier. And if you get home and are starving because you worked late, it's only 90 seconds until your dinner is ready. That keeps me from making stops on the way home. I just start eating my protein and then make my veggies.
    I did add Chromium Picolinate as a supplement to my vitamins this week, which may have helped reduce cravings.
  • mermaidswimmer
    Options
    I tried personal trainer food. If you have food allergies or sensitivities do NOT buy this food!!!!! I cannot eat any gluten products and they say they have gluten-free products. I even had one of their customer service people check my cart to make sure it was all gluten-free. I purchased the lunches and dinners and did my own breakfasts and snacks. The food arrived in a large foam box with dry ice, and it took up all the space in my freezer. The first day, I was starving because I'd only eaten about 450 calories. They have a customer service messaging feature but the person on that end didn't seem to understand my problem and it was like speaking to a computer program. "These are our recommendation, these are our recommendations... we don't count calories.... these are the recommendations... we don't count calories..." I got the impression it was young girls doing the customer service who have never had a weight or health problem in their lives. It turns out the gluten-free items are lower in calories and carbs (of course) than the other menu items, but they didn't really have a way for me to deal with that other than eat their recommended snacks. I don't think it's a good idea to make up hundreds of calories in nuts and cheese. They did send me a link to a page containing nutritional information for their items- calories, allergies (gluten, soy, dairy and peanuts), sugar, protein, carbs, fat, transfat and salt. However, when I asked for a list of ingredients for the food I was told they don't offer ingredient lists because they have over 65 different vendors and it would be difficult if a vendor changed an item. I just about had a heart attack because I thought they made their own food, but since they don't, there's basically no way for them to properly manage the content.

The food was very tasty, but after a few days I was sick as a dog because the food contained gluten. The other thing that was really bad is nearly every entree I purchased contained soy. I don't know why their grilled chicken breast and angus burger contain soy, but they do.

This seemed like a great value that offers an easy way to deal with the dieting, but I got so sick, I'm still trying to recover a week and a half later. In the end, it's not good quality food and the support is not helpful either. You're better off on your own.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I can agree with you that people with food allergies should not try this out. My mother has sensitivities, and she broke out in a rash. However, I do not have food sensitivities and have had no problem.
    I also used a groupon- coupons for this product are almost always available. It's only coming out to be $3.25 or so for each of my three meals, and that is far less than I was spending.
    I also understand people saying "you could do this at home" but the fact is, I don't do this at home currently.
    I have enjoyed all the food I have tried so far.
    I do not agree with everything the founder says, however I am sticking to the guidelines right now, and I find they translate perfectly fine into my life and into the occasional eating out. For example:
    Today I ate lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and had a Coke Zero and 6 naked tenders with a little bit of mild and parmesan garlic sauce. All these items fit the guidelines, and I didn't finish my tenders.
    Tonight I am eating Hibachi for a birthday, and I am sticking to the chicken and veggies. The teriyaki sauce will not fit the guidelines, but I will attempt to avoid it/use it sparingly.
    The nutrition information is available, so I am able to continue tracking.
    You can make food combinations to satisfy your caloric intake needs.
    Because of how my live-in significant other eats, I'm finding this to be easier and less expensive than my grocery shopping before because I am just focusing on myself and am not spending a lot of time in my kitchen.
    All in all, this program is a good way to learn portion control while being satisfied and eating good food, and is great for people in the go who aren't into food prep.
    You can tweak this program to fit your individual ideas/needs
  • jennw07
    jennw07 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the PTF plan and I ordered the breakfast, lunches, dinners, and snacks. I've followed the plan exactly with no cheating and am 5'7 weighing 156. I was already considered a healthy weight and am now 148 which is still considered healthy, but I ordered this program through groupon to try and eat more healthy because I eat a lot of processed food! I think the key to this plan is eating every 3 hours which kind of follows the "5 minnie meals a day" plan. Eating every 3 hours keeps your metabolism going and makes it so you don't hit that point of where you are starving and will eat anything you can get your hands on! This plan makes it so easy to follow these rules and everything I have eaten has been good! I've also realized that the portions I eat are way too big! I have not exercised since I started although I should be! Oops. Going now! (:
  • Shopgirl20142
    Options
    I just ordered this via Groupon and bought the lunch and dinner plan. I will add my own almonds and snacks and do bfast on my own- Greek yogurt and fruit and a WW english muffin. I will probably add some Ezekiel buns to the burgers from time to time.

I really need the convenience of this. I, too, would stop for something to eat on the way home and not make healthy choices.

If you run out of room in the freezer they say you can store some of the meats in the fridge for up to 10 days.

I receive it tomorrow and cannot wait to begin it.
  • smokedsal
    smokedsal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1 on the PTF Rev plan. Not hungry but have a headache all day
  • marthamalarky
    Options
    It gave me FOOD POISONING. As recommended, I fasted for 24 hours before beginning this plan. Within 2 hours of having the spicy chicken breast, I began vomiting. For the next 36 hours I couldn't even keep water down. Obviously I don't want to play Russian roulette with the rest of the food, hoping the next meal won't have the same problem. The company will only refund if I send the food back at my own expense. Bad business policy considering their product made me violently ill and cost me 2 days work. Boo!!!
  • samiwami5547
    Options
    My boyfriend and I have been eating personal trainer food since 02/27. Almost three weeks total. We got the three meal plus snack deal on groupon. I have lost 10 pounds so far he has lost 20. We enjoy eating out but we try to stick to the regimen veggies plus protein. We have been exercising more then just walking a bit per day. We try to run 2-3 time per week and then hike on weekends. This food is a great way to teach us how to eat. I still have cravings but I'm not hungry. I hope we can stick to this for good.
  • Petrat22
    Petrat22 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just came across the Groupon deal for PTF and was a bit skeptical (Nutrisysem came immediately to mind). Seeing mostly positive reviews I am excited to give it a try! Thank you all for your reviews!
  • Shopgirl20142
    Options
    I am on day three. I have had the food for lunch all three days but need to get better with dinners. So far it is very good.
    You do have to watch the sodium. I track it on here and adjust accordingly if I am getting too close to my daily limit for sodium.
  • msmromero
    Options
    I just started I got the breakfast lunch and dinner plan. I was expecting it not to taste very good and had my chilli ready to drown it but i was very surprised it tastes really good. I have to say better than Jenny Craig, Nutrasystem or frozen food meals at the grocery store. The eggs were good, the chicken tastes juicy and flavorful and the veggies tastes fresh. I am hoping it will help me with my portion control and it is so convenient. I am loving it. I will post another review after the 4 weeks are up.
  • Shopgirl20142
    Options
    I am down almost 6 lbs since last Monday. I have not eaten just the Personal Trainer Food but it is a big help
    with having my lunches ready to go for me. I have been doing eggs and sausage on my own for breakfast but it is similar to the PTF breakfast foods. I am still craving sugar. I still have some fruit (just apples) so that may be why.
  • jianop
    jianop Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Starting the program tomorrow. I am a type 1 diabetic so we will see how this goes. I look forward to reading this thread fir updates. Hope to see some great results with this!
  • CGC80
    CGC80 Posts: 1
    Options
    So, now that I am reading this thread, I know why I broke out into hives from marinara chicken. I have NEVER had a reaction to marinara before. I am gluten intolerant and most of their meals say gluten free....are they!?! I thought soy had gluten within it? Anyways, if you posted about allergies, please let me know what you thought. I have been wondering why I was feeling so badly.

I also do not recommend this if you are exercising often. I run about 2-3 times a week and do spin class...not to mention I am in the military. After about 3 days I was shaking so much and felt horribly nauseous that I ravaged carbs when I got home.