Does anyone need to have a fresh start?

Options
I do! I have been half heartedley doing this for the last month or so and consequently haven't dropped hardly any weight. The last couple of days have been absolutely terrible..... I have literally consumed everything in sight!

So before this gets out of control, I have decided to commit to 30 days of doing this properly. I am going to stick to my calorie goals and try and exercise every day. That's it.... 30 days of absolute commitment. I'm also going to not weigh myself until the end of the 30 days..... See if I can finally break that 11 stone barrier!

Does anyone want to join me?

Replies

• jimbob2010
    Options
    hi
    yes to that i have been messing about for a while also, so let's break the 11 stone barrier together
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, count me in! I am also in the same boat as you and need to freshen up my thought process and exercise. I just stopped my current gym membership and changing to the YMCA this weekend to see if a new mindset will be helpful.

Please include me in the 30 day Fresh Start. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Starting Sept 1?
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey count me in, been getting a bit lazy and not recording calories etc, started exercising but have currently trapped a nerve in my shoulder which is painful, but yes count me in...
  • snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Yes, go for 1st sep, for the whole of September! I'm personally not going to weigh myself at all in that time..... Will then hopefully have a nice surprise at the end! I'll set up a group.......
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I am on daily and would make sure you continue for 30 days.. If you do it we can stay friends if you do not
    well you can decide.

I
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I'm up for this as I need to start training myself to stop being obsessed with the scale, although I would like to add that I'm going away for 5 days so I can't promise that I will be 100% sticking to my calories then. :laugh:
  • Lwwalker3
    Lwwalker3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please count me in! Thank you for starting this thread as it is exactly what I need to do...
    Have been flirting with all my old bad habits a little too much since returning from vacation on August 14th. Any small loss I have had has come back. I think I have lost "just enough" to feel somewhat comfortable and am now complacent. Problem is I am less than half way to my goal.
    Good strong vibes to all and let's get this train back on the tracks in September!
    Lisa
  • ntomich
    ntomich Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in... I lost 200 lb and kept it off for about 6 weeks but in the last week or so I've begun to slide. All emotionally based. I won't go back.
  • buggyg1
    buggyg1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I do! I do!... I have little motivation over here. I am in a rut and it's so depressing that all I want to do is eat.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I haven't had an issue being committed to exercise but my food willpower has been swirling around the drain in the USS Stuff My Face.
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I do! During the summer I was active but did not watch my food as much as I should have. Luckily I didn't gain any weight, but I also didn't really lose weight either. I'm back it and can't wait to hit one-derland!
  • taanvi
    taanvi Posts: 33
    Options
    yes i need a fresh start....messed my eating and exercise habits for ten days ......just feeling bad about it.im starting again today im in with u guys..
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a fresh start starting Sunday. I've been in a rut and not taking this very seriously over the summer. I've been losing and gaining the same 2-3 pounds, and I was hoping to be at my goal by now!

So, I'm starting a new workout routine and will make better food choices.

In other words, in!
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I couldn't have said it better myself. I told myself that last week and made day 10 today...we can all do this!

FR send and please send FRs my way
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your group. I've just returned to MFP after quite a break from eating properly and exercising regularly. I am committed and ready to do this!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yup -- time to leave the July/August rut on Sunday!
  • Goforitnow123
    Options
    Count me in! I have let things slide during the summer months and need to get back on track!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    there was a post yeserday about someone doing a no scale for 30 day challenge. you might want to join them as well. i think if you search no scale or no scale challenge you could find it. best of luck.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    I've been on and off too! This gotta stop...I'm in for 30 days of well-behaviors! XD
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    May want to raise your calories a bit, then. If you're going to get a fresh start... might as well start the best, and healthiest, way, right? :flowerforyou: