Sticking to calories when Camping

Options
We're headed off tomorrow for a weekend camping trip. I spent the morning grocery shopping and planning for each meal so I stay within my calorie budget. What are your go to snacks and or meals when you're not able to eat at home? I'm down almost 20 lbs in about 2 months and I don't want to lose progress this weekend! 😊

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    We eat almost the same as home when camping in our RV. Go to snacks are apples, grapes, cheese slices, and protein bars. I always budget extra calories for smores and alcohol when camping but focus on not going over maintenance calories. Enjoy yourself and even if you go a bit over your maintenance calories you won't lose progress in one weekend!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    We camp one weekend per month from May through September...we pretty much eat the same stuff camping that I do at home. Dinners are usually something on the grill with some kind of veg and a starch or grain...lunches are typically sandwiches...breakfasts are usually egg, hash browns, and sausage or bacon, except packing up morning we usually just do bagels and cream cheese. We have fruit for snacks and chips and dip. The chips and dip is really the only thing we don't usually have around the house. I tend to be a bit more loose on the weekends in general, so a weekend camping isn't materially different from a weekend at home except for the fact that I'm camping.

We're also active campers...lots of hiking and MTB.