OMAD ADVICE

Options
Just curious...can you drink a protein shake or green smoothies if you eat one meal a day? I might try OMAD once a week to start. But, it may be a little tough until I get used to it.
Thanks for any info.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    Options
    What do you expect from OMAD? Strictly speaking, if you have this smoothy outside your one meal then it's not one meal a day. But OMAD does no magic to weightloss, meaning you can do whatever you like.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    OMAD doesn't have biological weight-loss advantages over, say, two or three meals.

Calories in < Calories out. That's it.

If you go to "Groups" in the navigation bar at the top and type in "OMAD" there are some groups you can join, where you'll get more support for this than in the main forums.
  • Jawillard60
    Jawillard60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Liquid food is still food...makes sense. I just wasn't sure about it. Definitely don't want to make losing weight any harder. Thanks for setting me on the right path!
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Technically not omad, but if it fits in your calories it doesn’t matter. I tried omad for a bit, and it was just a recipe for binging. I would HIGHLY recommend you slowly work your way up to it. Extend your fasts by about an hour or two each time, do not go straight into it