Farewell to Fads, Hello to Healthy Choices

Options
Hello all,

I have tried the fads, the pills, the crash diets, the fast solutions - nothing has worked!

The only time I managed to lose weight was when I went on a severely calorie-restricted diet, which was useful at the time, but unsustainable as a way of life...

Having been down the roads of WW, SW, CD, Atkins, Low-carb, Keto, etc. I know the right things to do is to count my calories and make good choices, which is why I am here!

I look forward to reading about your successes and be inspired by them, and hope to share my own soon!

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,277 Member
    Options
    You've 'been around the block' a few times, but have learned some valuable lessons along the way 🙂
    Welcome! I wish you success in teaching your goals, and if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask your fellow MFP'ers. Lots of knowledgeable people here, willing to help.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,806 Member
    Options
    Read about successes here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/success-stories

Success stories kept me motivated and working toward my goal many times when I felt frustrated.

I especially love the NSV (non scale victories) thread. I’ve read it from beginning to end, and would “save up” posts during good times to delve into on my less than good days.

My own success story is buried somewhere in amongst all the good stuff.