I don't know what to do anymore

Options
13»

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    What are you eating for dinner the other days? It is really hard to say what are your calories you eat on average per day. Also remember the scale isn't everything are you seeing a change in how your clothes fit?
  • Nina76
    Nina76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My diary says it's 'public', not sure why you can't see it?

So with the BMR, mine says 1,492 kcal/day. So that means if I eat 1492 kcal/day, I maintain my weight, if I want to loose weight I need to substract 20% which makes it 1192 kcal/day. If I'd burn e.g. 300 kal from exercise, should I then still eat 1192 kcal or 1492 kcal/day???

I know the current system isn't working for me,trust me, I can see that. But I'm honestly running out of ideas on how to track kcal if I don't even know what I'm eating... I'm happy to give the more eating a go.

Ok, so from now on, I shall

* track my food daily
    * eat 3 meals a day
    * continue to exercise

Comments appreciated. Thanks!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So with the BMR, mine says 1,492 kcal/day. So that means if I eat 1492 kcal/day, I maintain my weight, if I want to loose weight I need to substract 20% which makes it 1192 kcal/day. If I'd burn e.g. 300 kal from exercise, should I then still eat 1192 kcal or 1492 kcal/day???

NO NO NO NO NO....

BMR is what you burn when you're in a coma... so then you add on extra for standing up, brushing your teeth etc etc, your maintnenance figure is probably around 500 cals ABOVE BMR without counting purposeful exercise...

you shouldnt eat less than your BMR, and if you exercise, eat those cals too...
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Listen to the advice you are being given.

Eat the appropriate amount of calories per day.

Address your issues. Be honest with yourself and you will be able to move forward.

Stop making excuses. Make wise choices. Invest a little time in finding out real answers and create your own path in life.

It's not that hard, and clearly, starving yourself is not the answer.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words! I feel a bit better today but still very frustated. Like I said before I have been trying the 1200 kcal plan and it di not work. I di try the 5:2 diet and that worked, so I was hoping my current plan works even better as I assume I might just not need that many calories and might have a sluggish metabolism.

I'm not constipated, I drink lots of water. I don't drink softdrinks but I do love wine during my R'n'R. :-)

I have opened my diary (I think) and have entered everything I ate today. On a normaly day this would be the end of it but I always have dinner on Fridays. :-)

Unfortunately I cannot bring food to where I work to to quarantine restrictions (yes, I work in WA). So that makes it really, really hard. The food here isn't the freshest.

I always had dairy and I always had stomach cramps but I also had lots of wheat as well. So not sure about this.Maybe I shave to do one of those elimination diets.

I'm curious to see what people think what my food choices for today and look forward to more comments. And thanks for encouraging me, I was close to giving up once and for all last night.
    Ummm your lunch was 120 calories???!!! I'm not sure why you think this is a good, sustainable way to eat?? How did you gain weight? Eat that, but less. Anything to get to at least 1400 cal. Your body obviously will hold on to everything if you continue to do this.
  • Nina76
    Nina76 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Alright, it might seem odd to some that I believe(d) that eating little will help to loose weight. To me, it seems strange that eating more will enable me to weigh less. But I've been getting some really good advice on her and a few pm with links discussing the subject and I'm quite amazed. I've also found a webpage discussing the chemistry behind it and as I'm a Chemical Engineer, it makes a lot of sense to me now. But for the past 5 years people have been saying 'you must be eating too much' and that kinda sticks to you.

As for excuses, if I'd be home and could go shopping to eat what I like/should, things certainly would look diffierent. Here we have defrosted veggies if that, meat covered in sauce and defrostes fruit. Have you ever eaten black bananas> Not because they're overripe but because they were picked green, the frozen and then defrosted they turn black. It is difficult at 4 am to try and figure ot what you want for breakfast, lunch and dinner with snacks in between while 600 people are in a hurry to get their food for the day.

But I've changed my daily kcal goal to 1500, I will eat the 3 meals a day and continue with my exercise and then I want to see what happens in about 4 weeks time.
This discussion has been closed.