Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bring back my food selections by meal

The current version jumbles up all food selections such that if I select breakfast, the first selections at the top of the list is yesterdays dinner. I preferred the past version selection method where my breakfast foods come up when I do Breakfast selections, etc. thanks. John
5 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,625 Member
    @paint7734, you should be able to change this via settings in the app.

In the Android app (and I'd assume Apple/iOS would be similar), one way to do this is to click "add food" in your diary. Then, look at the top of the resulting list of foods. To the right of "History" you should see a button. (Mine says "Most recent", so I assume it could say other order/filter options, since it's showing my current option setting.) Click on that button. You should see a "Sort & Filter" list. Toward the bottom of the resulting list, you should see a "Filter" heading. There, I'm guessing you'll see that "All Meals" is checked. Click on the meal name nearby. Then, click on the check mark in the "Sort & Filter Heading" to save that choice. I think it will be saved until you change it again, though I didn't test this for signing in/out of the app, etc.

In web MFP, it's similar. You click to add food to a meal, then get the food list display with the "Recent"/"Frequent"/etc. tabs. Underneath the search box, find the "Or, add your favorites for" label. Next to that, it will probably say "All Meals". Use the drop-down selector to choose the meal name instead.

I think those steps will work in either free or premium MFP.