Natural pre-workout for women?

Options
silexelix
silexelix Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
I’m looking for a natural pre-workout supplement (jitter free), but I am not sure what to get.

Replies

• gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Any stimulant free pre workout is good. There really isn’t a difference between products marketed towards men or women
  • missvalido
    missvalido Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Have you tried searching for a green tea?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    There isn't really a difference for men or women. I'm not sure what you mean by "natural"...pre-workout supplements are highly processed...nothing wrong with that but I'm not sure what you're looking for here? The primary ingredient in pre-workout supplements is caffeine...on average about 300 Mg. For reference, a cup of coffee has 95 Mg caffeine. I'm not sure what the point of a stimulant free pre-workout supplement would be as the whole point of a pre-workout is to provide a burst of energy for the workout.
  • silexelix
    Options
    “Natural” as in “not as packed with artificial stuff”; I am good with caffeine just trying not to give myself a heart attack lol
    I never used any pre supplements so I have no idea what to search for

• silexelix
    Options
    missvalido wrote: »

I found this on Amazon which may be good for?

Legion Pulse Pre Workout Supplement - All Natural Nitric Oxide Preworkout Drink to Boost Energy, Creatine Free, Naturally Sweetened, Beta Alanine, Citrulline, Alpha GPC (Fruit Punch) 21 Servings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QYZ6MLG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3CQHYXFR279QQKK1P5DG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• silexelix
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    There isn't really a difference for men or women. I'm not sure what you mean by "natural"...pre-workout supplements are highly processed...nothing wrong with that but I'm not sure what you're looking for here? The primary ingredient in pre-workout supplements is caffeine...on average about 300 Mg. For reference, a cup of coffee has 95 Mg caffeine. I'm not sure what the point of a stimulant free pre-workout supplement would be as the whole point of a pre-workout is to provide a burst of energy for the workout.

“Natural” as in “not as packed with artificial stuff”; I am good with caffeine just trying not to give myself a heart attack lol

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    silexelix wrote: »
    missvalido wrote: »

I found this on Amazon which may be good for?

Legion Pulse Pre Workout Supplement - All Natural Nitric Oxide Preworkout Drink to Boost Energy, Creatine Free, Naturally Sweetened, Beta Alanine, Citrulline, Alpha GPC (Fruit Punch) 21 Servings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QYZ6MLG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3CQHYXFR279QQKK1P5DG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I thought they meant actual green tea.

glencylyh3zf.png

https://www.amazon.com/Twinings-London-Jasmine-Green-Count/dp/B000F4J75K/

I used to work for a company that made preworkouts. Don't buy into the marketing BS ;)

Usually how these threads go is that the majority of the posters answer "caffeine" to the question "what's your favorite preworkout."

Since you don't want the jitters, have an amount of caffeine below that threshold.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Banana?
    Cup of coffee?
    Water?

But really first thing to sort out is why have a preworkout at all.
    Until you know why you aren't really going to get to the what.

Today before a very long bike ride I had a big bowl of granola with skimmed milk but I knew exactly why that was going to be beneficial to me.
    But it's not clear if you are trying to address a problem, seek a particular benefit or have just got sucked into desiring a fitness fashion accessory.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    silexelix wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

A pre workout is by and large completely unnecessary for the vast majority of people. They are heavily marketed supplements. For the most part, it's expensive caffeine. It's primarily the large dose of caffeine that gives that energy boost for the workout.

Personally, I just have my coffee. When I was doing century and half century rides a few years ago I would do a lot of carb loading before long training rides or events. I carried gu or dried fruit with me on long rides and events to keep the sugar and energy flowing.