Humorous "Aha" moment

Options
So I was watching Family Guy, and it was the episode where Brian and Stewie are trying to rescue Meg from the sex-slave trade, but they have to wait 20 minutes for the next shuttle to take them there. I know that's weird, but it's Family Guy. lol. Anyway, Brian asks, "So what are we gonna do for 20 minutes?" And Stewie replies, "Well I'm gonna work out. That's how you stay in shape, right? Fit it in whenever you can." This made me laugh, but it also made me realize that I should do the same thing. So, for example, I'll do cardio for 20 minutes while breakfast is cooking. Or I'll do pushups, dips, etc while the coffee is brewing. I try to just be active throughout the day. So far I have lost five pounds in the past week.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yeah- if you can't dedicate a whole session- doing SOMETHING through the day is way better than doing nothing.

I do a lot of squats and stretching while I cook. It's easy- and it's better than getting distracted and burning my food. :D
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yeah- if you can't dedicate a whole session- doing SOMETHING through the day is way better than doing nothing.

I do a lot of squats and stretching or practice dance stuff- choreographies or a difficult drill technique I've been working on while I cook. It's easy- and it's better than getting distracted and burning my food. :D
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Good point, and a great use of your time. My partner always (teasingly) yells at me because I'll do wall push ups, or if I'm sat in a chair I'll hold myself up for a bit, or dance on the spot and she'll be like STOP DOING SECRET EXERCISES!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I dance like a lunatic while I cook, or brush my teeth or brush my hair, or when i breathe pretty much.....LOL