Horrible eater. Please help:)

Options
1235»

Replies

• rjs0416
    rjs0416 Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh dear. Absolutely not this. Without proper supervision, people have gone to the hospital for doing crap like this. OP, you're 23. You're young enough where your current diet might not have resulted in any unrecoverable health consequences. Take baby steps for one meal or regular food item at a time - advice is to start with the liquids you're drinking, then move onto breakfast, then dinner, then lunch, then snacks.
    You know, people here, myself included, are usually against "diets" and cleanses, but you might be a candidate for a restricted diet of nothing but nutrition shakes or whatever, followed by an introduction of food starting with healthier stuff.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight and change your life, you'll make the changes in your diet and exercise lifestyle. If you don't want to, or don't want to enough...then you won't lose. Period. Who's in charge...you, or junky food?
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I am the worst eater with no will power. I eat junk food quite a bit. Drive throughs at least 3 days a week. I try to eat healthy but can't find anything to satisfy the junk food cravings. And I can't give up pop (or switch to diet, yuck). Any suggestions you've tried that have worked? I know I can't expect to lose the weight with exercise alone....

I can't speak to your willpower, etc because that's on you and no one else. I don't mean that in a harsh way, just saying for some people it takes longer to be fully ready for a lifestyle change. :flowerforyou:

Regarding your junk food cravings, though... Fiber One brownies are freaking delicious and only have 90 calories. My Luna protein bars taste like candy bars and are only 170 calories. If you like ice cream, get the Skinny Cow brand. If you MUST eat fast food try to do some research on acceptable options at your favorite places so you know what is okay to have (for example, I had an Ultimate Chicken Grill sandwich at Wendy's yesterday for less than 400 calories). There are ways to satisfy those cravings, you just have to look for them. :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I am the worst eater with no will power. I eat junk food quite a bit. Drive throughs at least 3 days a week. I try to eat healthy but can't find anything to satisfy the junk food cravings. And I can't give up pop (or switch to diet, yuck). Any suggestions you've tried that have worked? I know I can't expect to lose the weight with exercise alone....

*puts down his book*

This is going to sound mean..

Buck Up, Take Responsibility and Stop Doing It. It's Obvious you aren't stupid. You know what the problem is.. So STOP DOING IT. Choose... Be Unhealthy/Fat or Change you life... Your choice.. You get to choose.

Key is creating good habits, you have to force yourself to have the willpower to start then you can slowly start to create a good habit out of the bad habit..

Sorry to sound mean, I'm just not sugar coating it, sometimes that is what people need.

THIS!!!

yes. this.