Why doesn't the nutrition information in MyFitnessPal match the info from the scanned bar code

Options
SonntagC
SonntagC Posts: 1 Member
just curious why the info returned from the MFP database doesn't match the nutrition info printed on the item label? some items such as protein and carb grams are off by a point or more, calories off by 10 or more, and sodium off by a 100mg or more. i'm new to the app, but my trainer has very specific numbers they want me to try and hit. and if i use an item from the MFP database, it doesn't let me correct the wrong items in MY DIARY. that would be helpful, or is that premium?

Answers

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's rounding. But the database is crowdsourced from other users. There are numerous bad entries in the database from people either entering it wrong or it being from a label that has since changed, etc. Using the bar code scanner does not mean it is picking up a correct entry.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    You can correct entries by reporting them and then saving the corrected food to My Foods. (that's on the Android app, no idea how it works on the other platforms)
This discussion has been closed.