Where has the iOS widget gone?

Options
Fozmeister
Fozmeister Posts: 6 Member
Updated my iPhone today to iOS 15.3 to see the mfp widget has disappeared…!
It’s not even in the list of widgets.
Any ideas anyone?
I used it everyday…..
TIA

Answers

• JezebelRice
    JezebelRice Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine too. Super frustrating.
  • emelivictoria7
    emelivictoria7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s noticed this. It was really helpful being a widget. I hope they bring it back!
  • bgandelot
    bgandelot Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes. Mine is gone too. Very nice feature. Disappointed to see it disappear.
  • madigap1
    madigap1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Agreed… I’m over 1,400 days into my streak I use that widget every day all day… hope they bring it back
  • vaughan77meg
    vaughan77meg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I didn’t even update my phone and it disappeared. I love using it to quickly check my progress for the day. I need it back!
  • Savvy48
    Savvy48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same!!! Please FIX ASAP!!!
  • IdRatherBePlayingHockey
    Options
    I put in a ticket; this will get fixed faster if other users similarly put in a 'help desk' ticket
  • IdRatherBePlayingHockey
    Options
    I put in a ticket; this will get fixed faster if other users similarly put in a 'help desk' ticket

while very prompt, this was a less than confidence-inspiring response:
    ---
    Hensen (MyFitnessPal)
    May 4, 2022, 9:58 AM PDT
    Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for bringing this to our attention. Our apologies for any issues you are having with our widget options.

You might be able to find our old widget by swiping right on your iOS Home Screen or Lock Screen to navigate to the "Today View". On this page, scroll down and tap Edit. You should see a "Customize" option appear. Locate the green + button next to MyFitnessPal to add the widget.

If you are unable to add the older version of the widget, please know our team is currently working on an improved version of widgets that we hope to have available soon. We appreciate your patience while we work on these improvements. [...]
    ---
    [me] The “old” widget is apparently what I had been using. It’s gone, poof. It is no longer available to be reinstalled, either.
    ---
    Hensen (MyFitnessPal)
    May 4, 2022, 11:45 AM PDT
    Hello again,

We are replacing the widget sometime in the future, but we will be making some improvements on that. We hope to have it available again soon!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Actually the app for IOS has been in trouble for a long long time. The only way to get it to work is to delete and reload it. Then it will work maybe a few times before it just continually crashes when you open it.

Does anyone here have an Iphone where the AP actually works? I can open MFP in Safari on my phone but that is really tedious to keep trying to resize to find things. I haven't ever used a widget on my phone but I am guessing this is similar.

I put a ticket in and of course got a very nice speedy response a few weeks back. However after a few back and forth emails. and being told this would go to level 2 support, the ticket was closed with no resolution. I don't even see the issue on the list of issues which are being worked.

I can't understand because at least 50% of the MFP population is surely using an Iphone why this is not a bigger issue to be resolved.

Open ap. Go back to home screen. Open ap. Go to black. Open ap. Freeze with no sync. Open ap. Go back to home screen. Ad nauseum.

So taking a poll.
This discussion has been closed.