Is my stomach acceptable to wear a crop top?

Options
I really want to wear a similar outfit to this: http://www.polyvore.com/house_party/set?id=95457533#fans

to a house party. But the top is a crop top and I just wondered if you thought I'd look okay in it?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1720bcf343e6843cceb611eb49049239/tumblr_msalaz0tAh1sfx333o1_250.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/a43bf62378b81c9a48222936b12e26a1/tumblr_msalaz0tAh1sfx333o2_250.jpg

I am UK size 12, 37-28-38, 140lbs and maybe i could lose some more before October???

I really like outfit but I don't want to wear it if I'm going to look like an idiot

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You can totally rock that outfit! Go for it!
  • Tatiana269
    Tatiana269 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yea totally wear it!!
    If I looked like you I would rock the hell outta short shirts!!
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I live in Swindon where loads of overweight teen girls wear these all the time. You will look gorgeous!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What a cute outfit ~ you will look great wearing it!
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    GO FOR IT.
  • AynzL
    AynzL Posts: 40
    Options
    I also think you look great!!! I would wear it!
  • A_Healthier_Me2013
    A_Healthier_Me2013 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you have a great body !! flaunt it :)
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You look great! I was thinking no crop tops are acceptable but then I checked the link and that outfit is super cute! Go for it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with any part of your body, but I would try it on and make sure you sit down in the dressing room.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    U look cute girl!
  • ISoWish
    ISoWish Posts: 12
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with any part of your body, but I would try it on and make sure you sit down in the dressing room.

That's a very good point actually thanks.
    sitting.
    sigh

Thank you everyone for being really lovely. Maybe this outfit is on the cards then yay :)
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    If you're not sucking your tummy in in that picture and if you feel comfortable in it when you try it on, go for it
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I live in Swindon where loads of overweight teen girls wear these all the time. You will look gorgeous!

I'm sure this poster doesn't mean to say that you are overweight though ;-) - looking at the photos in the links provided, you have a very trim figure. Go for it!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I really want to wear a similar outfit to this: http://www.polyvore.com/house_party/set?id=95457533#fans

to a house party. But the top is a crop top and I just wondered if you thought I'd look okay in it?

tumblr_msalaz0tAh1sfx333o1_250.jpg
    tumblr_msalaz0tAh1sfx333o2_250.jpg

I am UK size 12, 37-28-38, 140lbs and maybe i could lose some more before October???

I really like outfit but I don't want to wear it if I'm going to look like an idiot
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To be frank I will be surprised if you do wear it. You may buy it and plan on wearing it but when it comes right down to it....

You could easily pull it off but the fact you are here asking is we think you could is a clear indication of lack of self confidence esp considering what you look like.

What it comes down to is this....if you feel confident in yourself you will wear whatever you want regardless of what anyone else thinks.
  • ISoWish
    ISoWish Posts: 12
    Options
    To be frank I will be surprised if you do wear it. You may buy it and plan on wearing it but when it comes right down to it....

You could easily pull it off but the fact you are here asking is we think you could is a clear indication of lack of self confidence esp considering what you look like.

What it comes down to is this....if you feel confident in yourself you will wear whatever you want regardless of what anyone else thinks.

I totally understand what you're saying. I think I'm going to buy the skirt and go try on the crop top >.< My self confidence has taken a knocking these past few years so yeah you're right
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I totally understand what you're saying. I think I'm going to buy the skirt and go try on the crop top >.< My self confidence has taken a knocking these past few years so yeah you're right

NOt sure why it has because you look great....but here is hoping by the time the party comes around you feel confident enough in yourself to wear it...:flowerforyou:
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Personally don't like the outfit but you look great! Whatever you end up wearing, strut your stuff!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You can totally rock that outfit! Go for it!
    \
    Yep, yep, yep!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I say yes. Super-cute.