Join the Challenge! Lose a pound a week in September!

Options
Hello MFPs!

Looking for something to help motivate you as we head into fall? Trying to find friends that are supportive and active on MFP? Has your weight loss plateaued and you want something to try to shake things up? Come join our challenge!

This challenge was started last month and we have a bunch of wonderful guys and gals already who are supportive, active and have been losing pounds throughout August. Now we're looking for a few new members to round out our lovely private group in September.

How does it work? Just reply here with your starting weight and your first name (if you're comfortable, we like to use first names instead of usernames when possible) and tonight I'll begin sending invites to our private group out to the interested MFPs.

st5tTnx.png

Don't you want to be running in the leaves like those happy people?

Once in the group, your only requirement is to weigh in every Thursday by 10 PM EST to get your name and stats on the weekly chart. The chart will track your weekly pound loss and your percent body weight loss. Based on these results, awards will be given out to those who lost the most pounds, lost the highest percentage of body weight and commented most frequently on our group topics that week.

8ZPmcO1.png

You know you want that sweet trophy.

Speaking of our group topics, every week there will be a three NEW optional challenges to help shake up your routine and promote healthy weight loss. The weekly exercise, food, and motivation challenges are just extra tools to help you succeed throughout the month.

hfAty97.png

Don't you want to be able to click on those links?!

So if you log on to MFP daily, comment on the message boards often, love motivating your friends, and want some positive motivation for yourself, JOIN US!!

One last thing. If you are looking to lose more than one pound a week, you are of course welcome as well. We have members at all ends of the weight loss spectrum. If you're positive and making healthy choices, you're welcome to be a part of this group!

So come join the party!!

n9iSO.gif

Replies

• spiffybarbarella1
    Options
    I would like to join!
    5'6 Starting weight 146 lbs
  • Brown523
    Brown523 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Please and thank you! I need to find something to motivate me!
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Please count me in for September :)
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I need some motivation to get these last few pounds BACK off!

Viva
    Current Weight-134
    Goal Weight - 129
  • FaitheSoler
    FaitheSoler Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am in =)
  • birtley15
    birtley15 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Count me in - First Name: Meghan - Weight: 230
    Just starting out on the weight loss journey so I need a little extra motivation. Thank you!!
  • I am in!! I have never joined a group on MFP before though.... what will I need to do, or how will I know I am "in"? I just started and would love the challenge!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Please add me.
  • gettnmyshapebck
    Options
    Valerie 210
  • Daydreamangel
    Daydreamangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Want to join!

Katherine

SW 165
  • Wekaba67
    Wekaba67 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun! I'd love to join. Thankyou!
  • SkinnyMarni3
    SkinnyMarni3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I'm 5'7'' starting weight is 166.5 :)
  • valerierfahey
    Options
    Please sign me up!
    name: Valerie
    starting weight: 157 pounds
  • wings651
    wings651 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love this, and really need the extra motivation. My name is Heidi and I am currently at 230 pounds, 49 years old.
  • mdezilva
    Options
    Count me in!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah. I would like to join please. I need a kick start back into being on the right track after putting a bit back on recently. :blushing:

I've never joined a group on here before though, I am not sure what I need to do.

Starting weight 182lbs
  • lovelyloola
    lovelyloola Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I want to try this again for September, maybe I can do better next month. My starting weight will be 133.4.
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    I'm in!!

Name: Gail
    starting weight 282
  • abenard
    abenard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "In", please.

Adje, 201
  • gabbygirl78