B belly advice

Options
Hey all, I was wondering how many of you struggle with a B belly and how your managing it? these are current photos. The two pooches there bloat really easily so they literally change day by day sometimes.

I've been doing a series of exercises trying to target my abdomen that seems to help a bit but its helping my back fat more than my belly fat. I was just curious if anyone had an idea of how to tackle it. I have pcos and i had this belly type before i ever had a baby.

I am currently fitting size 20's in us sizes, i ware my pants along the belly button line, always have. I was hoping to be in size 18's before summer.

3baijprfjoah.jpg
28bpadziwqep.jpg

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Options
    There’s some good news and some bad news. The good news is that strengthening muscles and losing weight can help to reduce the appearance of many of the flaws we see in ourselves. The bad news is that a “B-belly” is just the way your body is. It means you naturally have a smaller waist and a feminine belly - I have the same, always have. So concentrate on your key aims, continue the exercises you have started and watch your caloric intake and you will see a difference!
  • kallen771991
    kallen771991 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There’s some good news and some bad news. The good news is that strengthening muscles and losing weight can help to reduce the appearance of many of the flaws we see in ourselves. The bad news is that a “B-belly” is just the way your body is. It means you naturally have a smaller waist and a feminine belly - I have the same, always have. So concentrate on your key aims, continue the exercises you have started and watch your caloric intake and you will see a difference!

Any time i find a belly like mine thats what they call it is a "B" belly or a "mommy" belly. I just hate i can't ware pants that fit without looking like i'm waring pants that are a size too small.. permanent muffin top :/
  • kallen771991
    kallen771991 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    gpanda103 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we cannot target where we lose fat, but losing fat overall helps. Think of it as draining water from a bathtub, for the water level to go down it has do go down as a whole, I can’t just drain the left side.

I understand the frustration though, as I always carry a lot of fat in my chest and lower stomach.. which gives me a weird C shape. But hey, the body is just a vessel for the mind

I've had the pooches for a long time. I remember having a flat belly but i was 8 then. After puberty hit at 9 it was all downhill from there. had the pooches even at a size 14. Gosh what i would do tto go back in time and tell myself i had pcos and to lay off the donuts and pizza XD
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Patience, patience... It'll get better as you lose weight, but always more slowly than you'd like 😉
    For me it has gotten a lot better as I lost weight, still a small bulge above the belly button but a lot better and easily disguised by wearing high waisted pants (above the belly button).
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    This is me! I've lost 3st 12lb so far, my bottom pouch is shrinking nicely, but my top belly (as I call it), so far isn't shrinking much. It's the area I'm most self conscious about, and I wish it would catch up! I'm hoping that another 10lb loss (my goal-a healthy BMI, just) will make it look.a lot better, if not I'll have to rethink my goal weight.
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I struggled with a b-belly when I weighed 294 pounds, and I still have a b-belly at 145 lbs. When I gain it seems to be in my belly and when I lose it is in my belly. BUT I have never lost the b-belly. I have had 5 babies and have lost half my body weight. I think it must be genetic to store fat there. I have come to terms with the fact that this is just evidence of both my failures (obesity) and my successes (Babies and weight loss.) I have learned to just purchase clothing that camouflages my faults and accentuate my positives which for me are long legs now that I am slimmer! Or at least they look long in my jeans! 😊
  • Kiwi2mfp
    Kiwi2mfp Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have the B-belly too. I have had it while skinny and now while I've gained weight. When I'm skinny the b-belly just deflates but the extra skin doesn't go away for me. Some people will go and have that extra skin removed but the thing is...I carried two babies...one 9 lbs 8 ounces and one 8 pound 5 ounces....I don't think I will ever let myself be ashamed of that extra skin enough to feel the need to remove it. I am currently fighting what part of the B-belly I can by just getting to a normal BMI (I am considered obese right now). Please don't ever be ashamed of your belly...no matter what your weight it. That belly is a testament to the life you brought into this world. God bless!