half Push Up's for 200 reps a day how many calorie burned?

Options
I'm starting a new routine of strength training that includes half push up. Are there any calorie burned with push ups?

Replies

• Nicolette04
    Nicolette04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can log it under calisthenics, but as push ups don't really get your heart rate very high, the calorie burn is pretty low from them. But they will make you stronger :)
  • Mitzigan94
    Mitzigan94 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    oh thanks for the info. :)
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I'm not a personal trainer by any means but I don't think 200 reps of half push-ups a day is really an ideal way to approach strength training.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I'm not a personal trainer by any means but I don't think 200 reps of half push-ups a day is really an ideal way to approach strength training.

Depends on your goals...push-ups are pretty awesome...as long as you don't have major wrist problems like I do.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    200 pushups a day would burn quite a few calories.

What is a half pushup? Half way down? Half way up?
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options

Exactly this.

If you can do 10-15 half- or "female" pushups, or pushups from your knees, you can probably do a single standard pushup. That would do more for your strength goals than 200 half-pushups. Building that up to 8-10 is a great start.

Google "one hundred pushups" if you want a decent program. It advertises itself as 100 consecutive pushups, but it's more a program to get you to be able to do certain sets of a certain amount of reps. In my opinion being able to do 30 or so, especially as a female, is an incredible achievement.