Tonight, There is Football That Counts on Television

Options

Replies

• Creative_Sam
    Creative_Sam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Eh, sorry but meaningful FOOTBALL was last night when Celtic won 3-0 having been 2-0 down in first-leg to get into the Champions League.
    Oh, and Tottenham are playing tonight..... LOL.

That **** is called soccer, Little girls play it here.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWAUqpYreL8ShEX8TDhpQrdWXAxVbFBwoADKnjceYgKJ-d5ZU_Rw

'Soccer' is called football in most parts of the world. American football is what you all seem to be talking about here, and that's fine. But it kills me how ignorant you are.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Eh, sorry but meaningful FOOTBALL was last night when Celtic won 3-0 having been 2-0 down in first-leg to get into the Champions League.

'Soccer' is called football in most parts of the world. American football is what you all seem to be talking about here, and that's fine. But it kills me how ignorant you are.

Pssst. "Ignorant" doesn't mean "has opinions I don't like" or "says things I find offensive."
  • jonnythan
    Options
    College ball doesn't "count."

There are so many flavors of wrong in this statement that I don't even know where to start. College football >>>>>>> NFL (though I love them both).

Does college ball play some part in determining the best football team in the world? No?

Then it doesn't count. It's the NFL's minor league.

Either (A) you didn't go to college or (B) your college only had Quidditch teams. If someone has to explain to you why college football is awesome, then you'll never understand.

I didn't say it wasn't awesome. I love college football.

But it still doesn't "count." Pro ball counts.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Pretty sure he knows other countries call soccer, football. All he's saying (correctly) is that soccer sucks.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Steelers and Panthers! So far my pregame rituals are not working out for the Steelers. Maybe it only works during regular season...

Their performance thus far is making we wonder if anything will work for them this season.... :frown:

But even if they totally blow it, I'll still have a weekly reason to convene at a bar, drink and yell. So I'm good. Let the football season commence!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

If you live in America, there's no reason to be concerned about the rest of the world.
  • 1PatientBear
    Options

There are so many flavors of wrong in this statement that I don't even know where to start. College football >>>>>>> NFL (though I love them both).

Does college ball play some part in determining the best football team in the world? No?

Either (A) you didn't go to college or (B) your college only had Quidditch teams. If someone has to explain to you why college football is awesome, then you'll never understand.

And you're still wrong.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

It depends how you define "count."

I think we all realize that it's all just entertainment.
  • jonnythan
    Options

And you're still wrong.

I guess it "counts" to determining who the best college teams in the country are. In that respect it "counts" as much as AAA baseball. Or Little League, for that matter.
  • brandileah111
    brandileah111 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance!
  • 1PatientBear
    Options
    I guess it "counts" to determining who the best college teams in the country are. In that respect it "counts" as much as AAA baseball. Or Little League, for that matter.

Like I said, if it has to be explained to you, you'll never understand it.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    OK. Call me STUPID!!! What am I missing? I thought that the season opens on 5 Sep (NEXT Thursday!).

College ball >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Here is why it "counts"

The NFL has been playing PRACTICE games for 3 weeks now. FBS games start tonight, and they count to the season. A teams season could be affected already as of tonight. That's why they "count".

I also prefer watching football where players actually care about the outcome.
  • TX_RattleSnake
    Options

tumblr_kz5s0vYZWx1qa9qvco1_500.jpg
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    It'll probably be a blowout, but what a good game to open the season on.
  • sixout
    Options

And you're still wrong.

I bet you have a lot of friends.
  • jonnythan
    Options

And you're still wrong.

My superpower is annoying people on the internet.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    ROLL TIDE..... that is all!!!!
  • sixout
    Options

And you're still wrong.

My superpower is annoying people on the internet.

fCYIoQd.gif
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Getting my Terrible Towel ready, since I just took a laxative and will need to wipe soon...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO!