Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Ability To Add Own Exercises & Photo Examples To Workout Routines

hatcher145
hatcher145 Posts: 1 Member
While I’m not a total exercise newbie, I have yet to memorize the names of every exercise I could possibly do and exactly how to perform them. I was ecstatic when I saw we now have the ability to build a workout routine (thank you MFP!), and I know some exercises have example videos on how to do them already, but that only applies to a handful of already well-known exercises. What about the lesser-known ones or the exercises with super weird names? I mean, WTF is a Zottman Curl? What’s a Turkish Getup? And what does the clean part of a Clean Press mean? And which body part are we pressing??? After building a routine and then going through that routine while exercising, I can’t remember how to do over half the exercises I added. The time it takes to finish my routine can increase an extra 15-20 minutes or so because I’m spending so much time searching the internet trying to find what the exercise move looks like. I know I looked it up when I added it but at 6AM I sometimes forget how to put my shirt on right-side-out. Please either add pictures of each exercise or allow us to add our own. It would save a lot of us users SO. MUCH. TIME. Also, there are a lot of exercises that have multiple names so it would be nice to be able to add exercises to our routines. Take this certain type of hip flexor stretch for example. It could be called a Lunge Elbow to Instep Stretch, a Hip Extensor Stretch, a Hip Opening Lunge, or a Runner’s Lunge. But my trainer calls it a Spider-Man Stretch so that’s the only name I know it by. I’d like to add it to my stretching routine but I can’t because it’s not on the list. It’s under a completely different name and I can’t find it to save my life. That’s super frustrating. Please allow us to be able to edit the exercise info in the Workout Routine feature and I’d love MFP forever.
3 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated