Calories burned issue

Options
kallen771991
kallen771991 Posts: 54 Member
Yesterday at 5:30 pm, my calories burned was at 600... then it changed as the night went on, at bedtime it was 589 and then this morning i like and its at 486! Wtf?! Never had it do this before!

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,201 MFP Staff
    Options
    This sounds like normal behavior; It is expected that as your tracker sends us more information, that your adjustment will level out. Please note that your calorie adjustment is NOT your total calories burned for the day.

Please see the following FAQ for more info on how calorie adjustment works: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-
  • kallen771991
    Options
    durden wrote: »
    This sounds like normal behavior; It is expected that as your tracker sends us more information, that your adjustment will level out. Please note that your calorie adjustment is NOT your total calories burned for the day.

Please see the following FAQ for more info on how calorie adjustment works: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032623871-What-is-the-Calorie-Adjustment-in-my-Exercise-Diary-

Why is this the first time i'm seeing it though?

It taking a while to show up is one thing but when i think i'm under eating and i start to eat a bit more to even out my intake and go over instead because the app decides to go down by almost 150 calories in terms of what i have burned off... you can see why thats a troubling thing?

Been using this app for years now, and with the fitbit for ttwo now and i have never had iit do this to me before..
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

It taking a while to show up is one thing but when i think i'm under eating and i start to eat a bit more to even out my intake and go over instead because the app decides to go down by almost 150 calories in terms of what i have burned off... you can see why thats a troubling thing?

Been using this app for years now, and with the fitbit for ttwo now and i have never had iit do this to me before..

It sounds to me as if you've somehow enabled negative adjustments and they weren't enabled before. This could have happened with an update that changed your settings on Fitbit.
  • kallen771991
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

It sounds to me as if you've somehow enabled negative adjustments and they weren't enabled before. This could have happened with an update that changed your settings on Fitbit.

No i went in and checked, someone else had mentioned it...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

No i went in and checked, someone else had mentioned it...

IDK...negative adjustments are the only way I've ever seen a calorie adjustment be reduced. Maybe your device is busted. Either way, it's likely not on the MFP side of things, it's whatever your Fitbit is sending over...so you are likely to have more luck consulting with Fitbit tech support than MFP. All MFP is doing is accepting whatever the device is sending over.
This discussion has been closed.