Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Closing out the day with less than 1200 calories

Options
jrock0328
jrock0328 Posts: 1 Member
Please allow us to close out the day with less than 1200 calories. I calculated my TDEE, and because of my height( and probably age 🙃) my TDEE is low. I'm trying to stay in a 500 calorie deficit a day to loose a pound a week. That puts me at 1000 calories.
2 votes

Not At This Time · Last Updated

Replies

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,197 MFP Staff
    Options
    We made changes to our diary completion feature, in large part, to discourage the abuse of MyFitnessPal by individuals struggling with eating disorders.

If you now fall below the National Institutes of Health recommendations of less than 1200 calories for women and 1500 for men, the 5 week projection will no longer appear, and the News Feed will not show as completed for the day.

We do understand some MyFitnessPal members may be on a lower calorie plan recommended directly by their doctor or nutritionist. We are still looking into better ways to help accommodate these special circumstances.

While we truly regret that these changes may have negatively impacted your experience of using MyFitnessPal, we do hope you’ll understand our first priority is to make MyFitnessPal less appealing to persons who are causing themselves harm. Please know we’re reviewing your feedback and looking at ways to improve your experience at MyFitnessPal, while prioritizing the safety of our most vulnerable users.
This discussion has been closed.