Weird prob: losing weight but not looking thinner?

Options
Hey, so I have lost 20 or 30 lbs several times in my life. Each time I definitely noticed - I felt better and I looked better. Other people noticed too

Last time in spring 2019 I lost about 23 lbs and I felt so much lighter.

I sadly gained most of that weight back (minus about 5 lbs) during early Covid. But I have been steadily losing weight since July 2021. I am now down 14 or 15 lbs and I am only about 5 lbs heavier than I was in summer 2019. I’ve done it slowly, over the course of about 9 months because I kept reading about the biggest loser syndrome and I want to avoid that.

But this time I just don’t feel like I’m noticing the weight loss. I don’t feel like I look lighter or better in clothes or pictures. I am wearing smaller sizes (large instead of X-large generally), but I feel like I still look heavy in those clothes.

Is this all just in my head because I’ve lost weight slowly this time? Has this happened to anyone else?

(Also, for info - I exercised in 2019 and I exercise now. Only difference is in 2019 I had just started strength training, now I’ve been doing it for three years. I have started running recently, which I wasn’t doing in 2019)

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You see yourself everyday, making changes over a longer period of time harder to notice. Do you have some pictures from back then that you could compare to now?