Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Improved support for bariatric diets

I'm currently recovering from bariatric surgery and I'm finding there's a bit of a disconnect between what myfitnesspal wants to track, and what my nutritionist wants me to track. At this point I'm really only tracking protein and water and nothing else.

Some individual features that would help:

-Support water content of food. E.g. it would be really nice if I could scan a protein shake and have it count as 14oz of water automatically

-Add water as a trackable nutrient, so show it at the top, track it in graphs, etc

-When setting up custom goals, let the user choose fewer than three nutrients (I don't really need it nagging me about carbs or fat at this point)

-On the desktop widget, add the ability to show macronutrients, rather than just calories. I'd love a widget that had my remaining protein goal.

Thanks!
2 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Pizzicato66
    Pizzicato66 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi - Please provide a goal/plan for those of us who have had bariatric surgery (tracking key macros like water intake and protein, and a LOW calorie goal). Having a warning every day for "not eating enough" when we're following specific guidelines post-op is demotivating and honestly, a little punishing (especially since you won't even post that we updated and finished our tracking for the day).