mini goals. anyone want to join me? PIOG

Options
so im currently 236lbs i have 110 lbs to lose before im at the high end of the scale for a healthy BMI...... and 80lbs to go before i reach the smallest weight ive ever been......these numbers are sooo LARGE to me they scare me and discourage me....i need to do mini goals but i need support anyone who a lot to lose want to join me? im going to start on the 1st....this is when my husband gets paid again...( my wallet was stolen and we have nothing but junk in my house......and no fresh canned or frozen fruits for veggies) i would like to lose 10lbs in about 6 weeks......if thats not to much to fast to to little? im not sure how to set realstic mini goals either.....suggestions are welcome also.....

basicly i would like my goals to be kept at smaller numbers to its not to overwhelming

Replies

• TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I don't have as much to lose, about 40-50, I have already lost 70 (gained almost 20 back) - pre mfp. Mini goals are great! I think most people on here have them. Add me if you would like :D
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Shawna-Yes, mini goals are great thing to set... otherwise it all becomes very overwhealming. With a current weight of 236lbs, I do not think that the 10 lbs in 6 weeks is unrealistic at all. that is only 1.6 lbs a week. Your first week you may actually lose about 5 lbs or so... but not guaranteed. What are your plans to help you reach your goals? Food wise and Exercise wise? Good luck! Feel free to join us on 40 days and 40 nights thread. We started it today... and you can join today if you want, or start on the 1st. Even though you only have "junk" food at home, make better choices of what is in reach.
  • shawnalmil
    shawnalmil Posts: 137
    Options
    i honestly dont know what im goin to do?! this is why i am looking for a person to join me.... i can drink just water/walmart brand crystal light( has less calories than reg crystalight) i love fruits and veggies and chicken, i dont like fish......my problem is my calorie intake will be under or at my calorie goal but its bad calories.....i need to break this habit and stop eating prepackaged foods, i love eggs but 2 eggs has way more cholesterol in it pushes me over for the day...im healthy for now no high blood pressure or high cholesterol ..... and i want to keep it this way......
  • mommy0304
    mommy0304 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm with you!! I think setting smaller goals is easier in helping you to reach your goals. I've learned that when I make bigger goals,then I don't succeed much at all.. I'm trying to set realistic goals for myself,so I will be able to reach my target weight.. I have around 100 lbs to lose **SHRUG***,which makes me unhappy with myself..I've lost 4 lbs since starting on here,and right now I'm stuck and don't seem to be losing any,although I'm watching what I'm eating and I go for walks (weather permitting) or try to do some workout videos,just something to get some exercise in,even if it's under my goal,I figured a little exercise is better then nothing at all..

Anyways,if I could just even lose 5lbs per month,I'd be happy!! I'd be more then happy to join you,I could use all the motivation and support I can get..
  • Peaceloveandlocks
    Options
    Sassy 0913

You have inspired me to do mini goals. This mindset works well for me. My life is result oriented, it is a part of who I am. Thanks for the inspiration! :smile: How do I post my mini goals?

I think it is great that you have lost 70 lbs. Way to go!!! How did you do that? I think that info could help all of us.
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    You have inspired me to do mini goals. This mindset works well for me. My life is result oriented, it is a part of who I am. Thanks for the inspiration! :smile: How do I post my mini goals?

I think it is great that you have lost 70 lbs. Way to go!!! How did you do that?

im sorry i think u miss read my post...i havent lost anything yet...i have 110 to go before im at the high end of a healthy BMI and 80 to go before i get back to the smallest ive ever been
  • Autumn256
    Autumn256 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm with you, Mommy, on the small goals. 5 pounds a month? That's 60 pounds in a year! Thats about 6 sizes smaller, and think fo the great bennies in Blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol. I was aiming for 1.5 pounds a week. I will take 1 pound a week! i am aiming for 23 more, so that is 12 to 23 weeks for me. Now, just need to stick to my plan.......... :0) BTW, I have lost 42 pounds since starting dieting, in total. The trick seems to be catching yourself on the way back up,and preventing it all from coming back. I had a 20 pound gain, so, I'm here b/f I get back to my past number...............
  • shawnalmil
    Options
    ok this is great....anyone wanting to join if you dont mind starting on the 1st so it can kinda be a new mnth and when i get some food in my house thats 7 days.... this could be a great time to figure out what we want to do/ how much we should be eating and what we should be eating
  • ComfortFoodAddict
    ComfortFoodAddict Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to find the 40 days and 40 nights challenge, just click my picture and you can find it on my profile. To set mini goals, scroll to the top of this page. Click Signature. Type in your mini goals and hit accept. This will be under your post each time. It is changable as well.

Shawna- You should aim to meet your goals instead of going under. Going under can send your body into starvation mode.
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters are a great sub for eggs! and no choles. Good luck!