Not going there again

Options
Hello. Weightloss has been difficult. I'm 5'11" and 31 years old.

My highest weight has been 231.

For the last few months I have consistently been between 207 - 214.

But today I hit 220. I'm not ok being back in the 20s and I got myfitnesspal as part of that dedication to not accept going back to weight and habits from before.

My ideal is 175.

I don't feel huge but I can feel the extra 45 lbs I have. Might not sound like a lot compared to others who have lost a ton but it feels like a big burden to me. It's all I know. I can feel it when I play with my kids, try and grab something under the seat in the car, have se× with my wife, try and do something more active, and wearing any clothes that aren't black.

I don't want to get old and never experience my ideal body. The Mrs. doesn't deserve it either. She's fine and deserves a man like that. I can convince myself that life is short and just to have fun at the beach and truly enjoy it. But I would love to not even have to have that conversation.

From what I can tell, nothing matters to losing weight besides a caloric deficit. I want to be healthy though so my plan is to eat 1500/day with the focus on chicken, eggs, beans, and vegetables.

If I can lose 2 lbs/week that puts me at my ideal in about 6 months which is intimidating to me because I don't remember the last time I did something consistent for 6 months. And I don't want to wait that long. But I don't know another option so I'm just starting today.

Glad to be here.
psjg057xw3i1.jpg
9quczzv49u7n.jpg
8abc86ioh0ic.jpg
gk70kycpb7tt.jpg
4qstfjckj5aq.jpg
r3cpblrbjc6c.jpg