Calorie adjustment.

Options
katrinalcy
katrinalcy Posts: 4 Member
At first my calorie adjustment wasn’t working, so I emailed support. It just popped up this afternoon on my diary. But it can’t possibly be right. I’ve got 7,981 steps and my cal adjustment is 800+ Surely that can’t be right? 🧐. Can someone help me with this?

Answers

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,342 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Well, several options:
    - technical issue with the sync
    - your tracker overestimates your calorie burn
    - you're looking at an incomplete day: the calorie adjustment can vary throughout the day because it extrapolates based on an incomplete day. I think that if you're active earlier on and then are less active, the adjustment will start out large and then decrease throughout the day.

In any case, I would advise waiting for the final adjustment when the day is over, it will make it easier to troubleshoot the problem.

The thing to compare is your total calorie burn for the day according to your tracker and the number MFP received from that tracker. If they're the same, they're working fine technically and your tracker might just be overestimating.
    Total number of calories burned for the day according to your tracker: where to find that number depends on the brand and whatever app you're using for it.
    The number MFP received (if you're using the app): go to your diary for that day, tap on '[tracker brand] calorie adjustment' and then on 'extra calories earned'. There you'll see 'based on xxxx calories burned as of 11:59PM' which is the number MFP received from your tracker.

Looks like this:

bcsns9ius0cb.jpg

If that's the same as the number on the tracker app, no technical issues.
This discussion has been closed.