Fix picture posting!

Options
o0Firekeeper0o
o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
Hey MFP!
I and a huge number of other users have been unable to post pictures for months on the MFP app. When I contacted support I was given a vague “Yeah we might fix that” answer.

Posting pictures and being part of the forums is a huge piece of MFP and motivation for me and lots of people. It’s a bummer to see most of my picture-based threads I am part of slowly dying because no one can post photos from the mobile app anymore.

I’d like to suggest a greater priority be given to fixing this feature in the app.

Answers

• s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,564 Member
    Options
    A work-around on Android with a web browser is to download the picture to the phone, then use the 'Attach Image' button to find and select the image from my downloads.

Yes, it's not as convenient as back when I used copy/paste to do the job, but it does work for Android when using a web browser.

I can't say whether this will work with the MFP App (my phone is too old to support the app), or whether it applies to iOS, but it might be worth trying to see if it will work for you until the support team addresses the issue.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @s1im62 That’s exactly the issue; in the app the best way to add a photo is to use the ‘attach image’ method. For me and a lot of people, that’s no longer functional. I know when I try it the upload fails and then I get logged out and have to log back in again. It’s such a drag!
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 29,564 Member
    Options
    That's a pity. I'm getting a phone upgrade soon, and could use the app again if it was worth it. Doesn't look like it will be worth using it for the forums. Maybe worth it for the food and exercise logging. At least there's the web page option as a backup method. The web interface is not exactly small-screen-friendly, but it can be made to work.
This discussion has been closed.