I know you're not a doctor, but....

Options
jbwegner
jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
I have this strange pain in my left foot. I guess it's my ankle, but it's on the front/top, not the side. It only hurts when I flex or point my foot. It started last Monday, but has gotten a lot better the past two days. I have an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow.

I have really gotten in to working out the past month. I don't want to stop now that I am motivated. I took it easier the past week due to the foot, and my ellyptical training didn't bother my foot at all.

Today it barely hurts unless I really flex my foot back. I guess I am wondering if I should exercise today. I really want to, and it doesn't hurt that bad. I just don't want to make it worse. And now that most of the pain is gone, should I just cancel the doctor appt? I really can't miss work tomorrow!

Any tips or advice?

Replies

• Becky_Boop
    Becky_Boop Posts: 96
    Options
    If I were you I wouldn't work out today but if you have to then do low-resistance activities (swimming, biking ect)
    Also, I would go to the Doctor tomorrow, you never know it could be something that is completely unrelated to excersise, get it checked out!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    I personally would still work out, maybe find something low impact. But not pilates... that hurt my feet, all that flexing and pointing...
    Or just take a rest day, since doc is tomorrow, 20 minute walk if ya feel guilty for not moving (I do yoga on rest days).
    I hope it feels better soon!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    It sound to me like you pulled a muscle in your lower leg/foot area and it's healing now. I probably would go with the low impact exercise and keep that appointment, just in case
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    please let me know what you dr says because funny thing is that I get this weird abnormal pain as well every now and again in my left food....at first i thought i was a cramp but it ended up not really feeling like a cramp...someone said it may be arthritis and i plan to call my dr about it but it comes and goes in increments so i wasnt sure if it was something to worry about.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    could be a stress fracture or a hairline fracture.. Be careful girlie!
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    There are workouts you can do still, I wouldnt skip out because one thing hurts,, well maybe if it was my back or something. Just try to find something that wont bother your foot! :)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    no, but I'm a nurse.:tongue:
    sounds like the cuboid bone in your foot has popped up. Find a chiropractor who does SPORTS chiropractic (CCSP) or is CCEP (if they have this quaification, they now it means extremity), regular chiros don't have know how, so make sure you ask specifically- and MDs don't have a clue.
    Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the advice. I made myself tough it out Sunday and today. I didn't go to the doctor as my job just interfered. It still hurts but only when I flex. If it continues, I will just rescjedule the appt.

Thanks Plumsgrl for the tips...I never would have thought of that! I will definitely bring that up!