I’m back! Again…

Options
HaleCry
HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
edited May 2022 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!
I’m back… again🥹

My name is Charley and I first downloaded MFP about 6 years ago. I originally started my journey at 181lbs and got down to 129lbs over about a year. I moved to Rome and my weight fluctuated for a while and then I slowly went up to 150lbs.

Fast forward 3 years and I’m up to 192.6lbs and the excuse of blaming my boyfriend and our ‘new’ relationship is growing old. We’ve been together 3 years and can no longer blame the weight on being in a new relationship. We joined the gym in February but hardly use it, so that needs to change too😳

I’ve put off the inevitable for too long, so here I am! Back, and ready to feel comfortable in my skin again. I have about 60lbs to lose so a long way to go, and I’d be grateful for some new friends who are on a similar journey!
I also suffer from PCOS so I have the struggles of that to deal with which don’t help with the weight loss, but I’m feeling positive and ready for a lifestyle change!

I done it once, I can do it again.
Let’s do this!💪🏼🏃🏻‍♀️

Replies

• shockbishop
    shockbishop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think it's easier when your single to focus on health. When it's two people, it just gets complicated. You eat the same, you make meals together, we settle, one needs 20min to get ready the other too tired to go to gym, etc...it's just complicated. I had to get a bit selfish this time and say "this is for me, I'm doing this for me". Of course she's now using the app too, but I'm not doing no duo challenge......and I think that's ok.
  • Venus_1
    Venus_1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I can imagine how easy it is to gain weight in Italy!
    I agree with shockbishop - you do you. Don’t wait for your SO to join you for gym and diet. Prioritize your health - you’ll feel better and will set a good example.