FitTrack scales

Options
Does anyone use the fit tracks scale? I have one and I have two digital ones. My fit track is always off by 20!lbs from the other scales that say the same thing.

Replies

• LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I do not have one, but maybe try replacing the battery? That's a huge discrepancy!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    Options
    My advice would be:

* Pick one scale and stick with that one for guidance. It doesn't matter if it's exactly right about pounds/kilograms, as long as it's consistent about them.
    * Watch the trend over multiple weeks to get an idea how you're doing on fat loss (if that's your goal).
    * To decide when you're at/near goal, rely much more on how you feel primarily, and how you look secondarily, and make the number that happens to appear on the scale only a minor factor.

Scales vary, from one to the next, by a bit, Twenty pounds is a lot. Try that battery change idea: If it still is 20 pounds off from the others, ignore it.

Why are you routinely weighing on 3 different scales anyway?
  • angv22908
    angv22908 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It’s not routine to weigh on all scales. I have one I use routinely, not the fit track. My husband has also used it to help keep his weigh in check due to diabetes, it’s off 16 lbs for him. My question was more about if it’s something normal for that brand. I have friends who have it and that’s why I got it, mind you it’s on the expensive side. So I was looking for anyone who uses that scale to get some insight.
    I have contacted the company, changed the batteries, recalibrated, and gotten a totally new one.
    All great advice ladies, thanks