Suggestions for "shapewear" for a practical lift of my loose stomach skin?

TraceyAOttawa
TraceyAOttawa Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2022 in Health and Weight Loss
Looking for suggestions just for practical reasons. I have a stomach apron and it is physically uncomfortable and gets in the way during everyday activities. What has worked for you for this issue?

I have been looking online for the past hour for a solution. Lots of shapewear, waist "trainers, post-partum support, hernia support (pre- and post-surgery), obesity (pre- and post-surgery), underwear with control top or an actual velcro belt, etc.... I just don't know what will work to grab up and lift the skin pouch. Some seem too high and won't sit in the pelvic region. Some seem too low and won't lift my stomach skin. Not sure if either types would maintain a hold as well.

[FYI - I am 50yo. I have been overweight my whole life. As an adult I have been between 180-260. Currently 230. I am starting to lose weight and this issues is getting more physically uncomfortable]

[Adding some keywords in case someone is doing a search down the road: loose skin; belly apron; skin apron; flesh apron; stomach apron; sagging skin; extra skin; weight loss; body image; bariatric surgery; hanging; saggy; hang; loose; pregnant; pregnancy; postpartum]

Replies

• TraceyAOttawa
    TraceyAOttawa Posts: 3 Member
    That's a really great idea. I will report back.