Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nutritional Information

I would like to be able to track more nutrients such as magnesium, Vitamin B, D, iron, and zinc. I would love to be able to choose from an extensive list.
7 votes

Open for Voting · Last Updated

Replies

• Mark_Julier
    Mark_Julier Posts: 1 Member
    Great idea
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    Cronometer exists for this very reason
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    shariletts wrote: »
    I would like to be able to track more nutrients such as magnesium, Vitamin B, D, iron, and zinc. I would love to be able to choose from an extensive list.

The problem with this with MFP is that the database is crowdsourced by other users and most of the nutritional information comes from food labels. There are many micro-nutrients that aren't required to be put on food labels and as such would never make it into the database. Also, many users don't input everything even if it is available because for whatever reason it's not important to them. There are a lot of entries that just show calories and no macro or micro nutrition whatsoever because that particular user didn't care about that other data.

Strictly tracking micro nutrition with MFP is a fools errand. If you want that level of precision something like Cronometer would be much better though there database isn't as extensive.