Weight Gain

I’m 5’3 and weigh almost into the 80s at some points. I’m 18 and you’d expect I’d look it but I don’t. How do you gain weight AND keep it on?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,989 Member
    edited May 2022
    Since you're asking about how to gain weight, I'm assuming you mean that you "almost" weigh 80 pounds?

Are you seeing a doctor or treatment team? You need immediate medical and psychological intervention, not the opinions of people on message boards.

Edit to say: I see you had another post this morning in which you stated that you weigh almost 90 pounds, with a high point of 92. I understand now, you mean you sometimes get into the high 80s. In any case, you need to seek professional treatment right away.

The fact that you say you don't think you look like you weigh so little is a HUGE red flag for a severe eating disorder.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    I agree with SuzySunshine about getting support from medical professionals, but it is encouraging that you're asking for help in gaining weight and keeping it on. Eating more is the basic answer. If you find that difficult, it likely means you need the support of a doctor or treatment team.
  • gpanda103
    gpanda103 Posts: 189 Member
    You need to delete mfp and pick up a fork… just my opinion