Bloating!

Options
Hello lovely people

Does anyone else suffer from bloating? I bloat all the time and now more so since I've started intermittent fasting so it may not be the best way of eating for me.

I'm dreading having to do an elimination diet... I am Lactose intolerant so I try to avoid all dairy (sometimes dont) but this bloating is making my life so miserable! I go to the gym I eat relatively healthy and still nothing!

I take digestive enzymes every day, but I am still bloated and full of air (burp a lot too)

Helllpp 😇

Replies

• 88AViva
    88AViva Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can tell you what worked for me...
    I used to have similar problems and now it's only during my monthly periods.
    If you choose IF, don't do a 20/4. Stick to a 17/7 or 16/8.

And if you do have bloating or gas problems, maybe limit your coffees?
    Probiotics really help. I have Yakult or yoghurts before my meals. I don't know if you can have them being lactose intolerant.
    And in between meal times if I feel bloated I have fennel, peppermint or ginger tea.
    It doesn't require any milk or sweeteners.
    Hope this helps 🙂
  • alexandravictoria88
    alexandravictoria88 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    88AViva wrote: »
    Hi, I can tell you what worked for me...
    I used to have similar problems and now it's only during my monthly periods.
    If you choose IF, don't do a 20/4. Stick to a 17/7 or 16/8.

And if you do have bloating or gas problems, maybe limit your coffees?
    Probiotics really help. I have Yakult or yoghurts before my meals. I don't know if you can have them being lactose intolerant.
    And in between meal times if I feel bloated I have fennel, peppermint or ginger tea.
    It doesn't require any milk or sweeteners.
    Hope this helps 🙂

I have been doing the 16/8 but really bloated 😔

I only drink maximum 3 coffees a day so I don't think that's too many. I do love Peppermint tea and will drink it when I have an uncomfortable bloat..maybe I should drink it everyday and see If it does anything.

Thank you for your help!
  • bulletproofkasper
    bulletproofkasper Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I’m a Clinical Nutritionist and without a doubt you’ll have some gut issues if you are consistently bloating and can’t relate it to something specific. I would look into doing a gut healing protocol, they are lengthy but absolutely worth jt
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I know you are dreading an elimination diet, but it really is the go-to way to handle something like this if it's a long term problem.

That said, in your other thread, you said this was related to IF. If this something that has always happened, or just something that's started since IF?
  • alexandravictoria88
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »
    I know you are dreading an elimination diet, but it really is the go-to way to handle something like this if it's a long term problem.

That said, in your other thread, you said this was related to IF. If this something that has always happened, or just something that's started since IF?

To be honest I've always had issues with bloating but probably more noticeable now doing IF. when I'm in a fasted state I feel good, not as bloated or sluggish until I eat and then bam ..

Ohhhhh no ..not the elimination diet 😔 I've also been recommended to try optibac probiotics.. I genuinely don't know what else to do.
  • alexandravictoria88
    Options
    I’m a Clinical Nutritionist and without a doubt you’ll have some gut issues if you are consistently bloating and can’t relate it to something specific. I would look into doing a gut healing protocol, they are lengthy but absolutely worth jt

Thank you for your recommendation- much appreciated. Is a gut healing protocol something that I can find online I.e to know what I'm doing? Or if you have some pointers that would be great ! 🤗
  • gregsbabe12
    gregsbabe12 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I take a probiotic which has really helped and HUm vitamins flatter me also has really helped. I really bloat no matter what I eat and these two things got rid of it.
  • Xellercin
    Xellercin Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Xellercin wrote: »

To be honest I've always had issues with bloating but probably more noticeable now doing IF. when I'm in a fasted state I feel good, not as bloated or sluggish until I eat and then bam ..

Ohhhhh no ..not the elimination diet 😔 I've also been recommended to try optibac probiotics.. I genuinely don't know what else to do.

Just do the elimination diet, it's really not that big of a deal. Just plan for it, organize some super easy meals to make for each stage, and get it done.

You need to know what's actually causing this if you ever want it to be solved.