I.am.so.hungry!

Options
So, I am a huge overeater. Everything I touch has to be consumed until I am so sickly stuffed it's ridiculous. I even binged last night at dinner for BWW, which I think is making today harder for me. I am really trying to overhaul my poor eating, but I am so hungry right now. I have eaten well so far today and even ate normal adult-size portions, but my belly just wants to keep going and going and going... Ugh, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Replies

• hidbee
    hidbee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    DRINK WATER!! AND BE STRONG!!

You CAN do this.

make sure you are not depriving yourself, and you are eating healthy, proportional meals that will satisfy your hunger.

You can do this :)
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at why you over eat? I overeat when I'm bored or if it's REALLY good. For me, I need to distract myself so when I'm watching tv, I'm either on my computer or on the exercise bike. For the REALLY good food, I eat a portion, wait 5-10 minutes. If I really want more, I'll get it. If I do get it, I'll put the rest of it away because then it is harder to get! lol +1 for being lazy lol

You just have to find something that works for you. Some people have emotional eating problems... not saying this is you but maybe seeing a professional could help with that? Psychiatrist or nutritionist would probably help :)
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Fill yourself with high volume, low calorie meals. There are people that make meals that are literally 2-3lbs but only about 300 calories. Fill your meals with a LOT of vegetables. This also has the added benefit of adding a variety of nutrients to your diet.

You can choose to do that, or get past the hunger phase. I think it took me about 4-5 days to get past that?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Well interesting...diary not open people really can't offer to many suggestions without knowing what you are eating.

What do you have your goals set at? Age? current weight? Goal WEight? height? age? activity level...
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    There are books out there that can help with why you binge eat or you could try counseling or a support group.

Everyone has a different reason for why they binge. You need to find yours so you can move in a healthy direction and develop a healthy relationship with food.

Good luck OP
  • dreamingdaughter
    dreamingdaughter Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well interesting...diary not open people really can't offer to many suggestions without knowing what you are eating.

What do you have your goals set at? Age? current weight? Goal WEight? height? age? activity level...

I would agree - it's quite hard to be able to offer advice if we can't see where abouts you need some support :)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Just guessing here, but if you have your goal set to 1.5 or 2 lbs a week lower it to .5 or 1lb since you dont have a lot of weight left to lose. MOAR FOOD :D
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Water and vegetables! Ice cold water makes me feel full. For some people warm drinks make them feel full.

Stay strong, you've got a lot of people standing behind you.
  • Chemburly12
    Options
    You can choose to do that, or get past the hunger phase. I think it took me about 4-5 days to get past that?

I had a hunger phase too. My body was used to a LOT of food. And it didn't matter how many carrot sticks I ate between meals to hold me over. It took about a week but once it was over, it was over. I just wanted food. I've been able to stick with it ever since.
  • rkasper22
    rkasper22 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i know this feeling. some days, there is no limit to your stomach! sending you a hug. i find if i exercise my mind, and sometimes my body as well, it passes. and i dont have regrets.
  • Emsie_lou
    Emsie_lou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too, I am an emotional eater and binge to make myself feel better. For some reason I have to bursting full to feel satisfied and I need chocolate and everything bad for me!! I usually diet for three days then binge and gain it all back. But this week I am determined to break the habit. Every time I feel the need to overeat I keep telling myself its habit not what my body wants really. Today is a bad day for me as it has been 3 days of healthy eating and I am doing well but this evening will be a struggle. I have just made sure I am eating more healthy foods and have left some snacks to have tonight. Always lots of water and distraction!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    How many calories a day do you get? A lot of the times you're waaaay too low.
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Drink water, and if you must eat, eat fruits and fresh veggies... Good luck, and don't let it get to you...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I too loved my huge portions, that was the first thing I gave up. It did take me a few weeks to get used to it, I won't lie and say the first while was very hard.

I eat 5-6 mini meals a day now instead of 3 big meals and I find that it keeps me fuller longer. I also drink a lot of water.

Give it time and don't give up, it does get easier.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What helped me the most was eating frequently and on a schedule, keeping sugary foods and snacks in check, filling up on whole grains and veggies, and getting away from food when I felt hungry. You can do this!
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Eat more low calorie, high volume, water filled foods.

My favorites to stave off hunger are steamed rice seasoned with a little bit of rice vinegar and mirin (sweet rice wine).

3oz of steamed white rice = 3/4 cup cooked rice

225 Calories
    50 Carbs
    5 protein

Vinegar & Mirin - 1 TBL (1/2 TBL of each)
    45 calories
    10 Carbs

Keeps me full for HOURS. To make it a meal I slice some cherry tomatoes, chop some lettuce, and cook 2 slices of center cut bacon and have a BLT on sweet rice. I used to use turkey bacon in it, until I discovered that center cut REAL bacon actually has LESS fat and MORE protein per slice than it's fowl impostor.

Center Cut Bacon (per slice)
    23 calories
    1 Fat
    2 Protein

The whole meal looks like 350 calories (about, depending on how many tomatoes and how much seasoning)
    65 carbs
    3 Fat
    15 Protein

If you need to change it up, Add lean meat wherever you like, skinless baked chicken, 93 % lean ground beef, ground turkey, pork chops, you can make anything you want with hamburger that you normally like, just don't buy ground beef that has added fat (like 80 or 85% lean). 93 tastes awesome, and per 4oz (1/4lb) burger..

170 calories
    7 fat
    24 protein

Oh and you can eat all the steamed fresh vegetables you want, Eat them with reckless abandon!
  • darianrawson
    Options
    I used to be hungrier because I ate worse. Let me explain. I never ate breakfast, at a big lunch and a big dinner and sometimes a dessert/snack. Plus maybe a snack during the day.

Eating breakfast initially made me hungrier for lunch, but now I eat about 3 400-500 calorie meals a day and if I eat more than that I feel terribly over full.

It took me about a year or maybe 8 months to get to this point but I could tell it was happening gradually. I drink a lot of coffee now and water and tea. All without sugar or anything added. I think I feel better now and it doesn't hurt to go late or skip a meal every once in a while when work gets crazy or something happens. I feel like my body is stronger and less dependent on the wrong type of food.

I don't know if we are the same, but you can make a change even though it is tough to start with. But after one week you feel like, YEAH I DID THAT!
  • Krissy_K89
    Krissy_K89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize my diary is private. I will get in and try to figure that out. I am new to myfitnesspal and don't have a whole lot filled out yet. Let's see if I can get this baby figured out!
  • LisaUlrey
    LisaUlrey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    From what I see in your diary, you are really lacking protein. Increase your protein and you will not be hungry all of the time. Lots and lots of veggies are good for you, but will not fill you up.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Drop your carbs and beef up your protein, (no pun intended) and fats.

Carbs spike feelings of hunger and cravings. Protein and fats turn it off.