Searching for workout tips, tricks, suggestions

Options
sfblchk
sfblchk Posts: 5 Member
Am I the only one that gets annoyed-jealous of watching videos of people working out 2 to 3 hours a day, showing clips of what their day consists of, and what they eat? If I didn’t work full time, or have children I could spend all my time doing that too. LOL :D

Replies

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wait...do you sit there for 2-3 hrs watching videos of people working out? If I watch other people working out, I normally follow suit. I'm learning that at home workouts are more intense for me than anything I ever did at the gym.
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Recommendations for health are 150 minutes per week of moderate intensity exercise. That’s about 21 minutes per day if you work out seven days a week or 30 minutes per day if you only exercise five days per week. Maybe you could squeeze something in.

Sharing video clips of your routines isn’t necessary for health but if you find it to be a fun hobby, then go for it.
  • sfblchk
    sfblchk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    LOl I read articles and watch short clips of videos (mostly Pinterest, youtube) when I have time at work. (I have a desk job).
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    *sits on the couch and wait for motorsheen reply
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    sfblchk wrote: »
    LOl I read articles and watch short clips of videos (mostly Pinterest, youtube) when I have time at work. (I have a desk job).

I have a desk job too. And three children though I think mine are older than yours. I walk before work, I walk at lunch, and I lift weights at home. I get a lot of pleasure and a sense of accomplishment from making it fit my lifestyle. Crossing fingers you can figure something out
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    2-3 hours per day of exercise would be excessive outside of being a professional athlete or training like one...and eating like one. It certainly isn't necessary for health and for most people would probably be a detriment to their health as most people don't have that level of a fitness base. Even professional athletes I know don't train like that day in and day out or at the same intensity rates.

I've had 2-3 hour training sessions when I was doing a lot of endurance cycling, but it wasn't everyday. A long ride on a Saturday would be 2-3 hours...most of my other rides during the week were usually 60 minutes...occasionally 90 minutes.

I'm training for a sprint triathlon now and most of my training sessions are 30-60 minutes...my longest in the program will be 90 minutes.
  • twitchymcgee
    Options
    lx1x wrote: »
    One word..

Influencers

They make money of their videos and viewers... Hence they spend hours and hours making them..

facts