Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Worst job you've had?

Options
hardyt88
hardyt88 Posts: 6 Member
And why?

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I cooked at a nursing home for 30 minutes. Why was it the worst? You figure it out.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    You know when you go to a hotel or motel and stay the night. What happens to the sheets, pillow cases and other associated laundry? It goes to a commercial laundry. I worked at a commercial laundry for 6 weeks, 2 days a week - my back was sore for 3-6 months after. I was sorting items, bending over slightly and throwing thousands of kilograms of items into various sorting areas. Constant back pain. Plus everyone there was unhappy.
  • chickenperson483
    chickenperson483 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Watching four children. It wasn’t actually a
    Job since I wasn’t getting payed, more had I volunteered to watch them. I was 15, and staying at a cabin with my family, and my brothers best friends family. I have anxiety, and was really tired, so when everyone decided to go on a walk, I stayed home to read and take a nap. The mom left her kids home as well. The ages were 12, 10, 6, and 3. Since these children were known to be disrespectful, and had already broken many things in the cabin, and since my family was partial owners of the cabin (the rest of my moms family owned it, and they all hate kids) I knew I couldn’t leave them alone. Also, I am the youngest of my family, so I don’t have any experience watching kids. The three year old was honestly the best behaved. He really missed his mom, but I read him a story, and I guess he felt better (unlike me). The 12 and 10 year wouldn’t stop fighting, and the 7 year old was yelling at the poor 3 year old. Eventually I too them all outside to play “Man hunt” which is kinda like reverse tag, except once the person your trying to tag gets to a certain point they win. The 10 year old heard the words man hunt and ran off. She came back with a BEEBEE GUN!!! She had no gun safety or training, and was pointing it at her siblings. Bebe guns can hurt and injure btw. (Also, my parents had guns hidden at certain places, out of children’s reaches because there are bears, one of my brothers forgot to put this one away) I had to grab the gun out of her hand, which made her start crying because she’s used to getting her way. (Her dad is really rich btw so he spoils all his kids). At this point the adults all come back, and my mom realizes that I was alone with a bunch of brats. She was really sorry, and mad at the other mom, because one of the reasons we took the trip was because it was supposed to be relaxing (and because it was my birthday in a few days lol). It’s been several years since that experience and we are going back to the cabin soon. My brother wants to bring the family again though...
    sorry for the long post lol.