Customer service is awful

Options
rosabecalm1
rosabecalm1 Posts: 2 Member
So I’m emailing someone in customer service because the update has broken my app. I can no longer sync apple workouts to my fitness pal. Customer service just keep saying reinstall the app etc when it’s obviously a bug that others are experiencing! Do I cancel my membership?

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,310 MFP Staff
    Options
    I think some additional context may help here, for yourself and others who are unhappy when we ask you to go through troubleshooting;

In order to actually fix a "bug" that is occurring to multiple users, a bug ticket needs to be created. Before this can happen, we have to ensure that this is not an issue that will be corrected with a simple troubleshooting fix- Hence why we always ask that you reinstall the app, reboot your phone, etc. If this does not happen, a bug ticket is not going to be created, regardless if a bunch of other people are experiencing said issue. (This is a consistent workflow across the industry, to clarify)

If a customer service representative is asking you to undergo troubleshooting, I would kindly ask that you simply do what they are asking, assuming it is within reason. They are not asking you to do it for no reason, and pushing back against those suggestions does in fact- And quite ironically- prevent our teams from creating a bug ticket and moving forward with a fix.

All that being said, if you'd like to cancel your membership you are well within your rights to do so, and our support team would be more than happy to provide you with steps to do that, as well as provide you further support with the problem you're experiencing. I hope it clears up soon!
This discussion has been closed.