Rex's daily fitness journal - warning: out of shape shirtless dude pics

Options

Replies

• FunkmasterRex
    FunkmasterRex Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Week 3 Day 7: Felt good going into my run but my ankles and calves were stiff and had to relax until the stiffness went away. Run was slightly difficult and became easier as the run went on. Ratcheted up the pace slightly. Ran 3.82 miles in 67 minutes. Lat pull downs 5x8 @170lbs, 2x8 @180lbs. Felt strong on the pulls again today.
    1yiamrkp9szt.jpg
    wf25uey42i5c.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 3 recap:
    Ran 18.69 miles over 5 training sessions.
    Did 3 days of lat pulldowns and 2 days of barbell shoulder press.
    Kept largely within caloric parameters. Exercise derailed a little and weight went up slightly but it all seems within tolerance. :)
    ei2ojh3h7x7m.png
    isfc0bew8b68.png
    irgcon7vue7x.png
    00ihizlcgqse.png
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1 weigh-in: 210.2lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 1: Feeling like rest and recovery aren't coming as I expected. Still feel run down and decided to give my body some more time to recover. On to tomorrow. :)
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2 weigh-in: 211lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 2: Back after a rest day. Felt well-rested but was stiff early in my run and had to concentrate on breathing and relaxing into my run. Stiffness passed quickly and the run ended up being easy. 3.82 miles in 67 minutes. Barbell shoulder press 3x7 @115lbs, 2x6 @115lbs, 1x5 @115lbs.
    542bja8p1rmr.jpg
    tcs38fem45xa.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3 weigh-in: 209.6lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 3: Felt good going into my run but my ankles and calves were stiff briefly and had to relax until the stiffness went away. Run was slightly difficult and became easier as the run went on. I picked up the pace slightly. Ratcheted up the pace slightly. Ran 3.97 miles in 67 minutes. Lat pull downs 2x10 @180lbs, 4x8 @190lbs. Felt strong on the pulls again today.
    v3qtnfxcvg13.jpg
    0keghusjdhin.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 4 weigh-in: 209.4lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Found some quotes that I like from years ago.

jyymix04umt8.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 4: Felt well-rested but was again stiff early in my run and had to concentrate on breathing and relaxing into my run. Stiffness didn't pass quickly and the run was sluggish but finished strong. Passed the 4 mile mark today. 4.04 miles in 67 minutes. Barbell shoulder press 6x4 @115lbs.

sov2j12q2125.jpg
    tiz0w9e266xc.jpg
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 5 weigh-in: 209.8lbs.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Like the dedication and you can definitely notice the effort that you’re putting in. Keep it up! Rooting for you!
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    @MaggieGirl135 - Thanks! Hope your workouts are going well. :)

Week 4 Day 5: Back was not feeling great and I was hunched over most of the morning. Decided to give it one more day of recovery before getting back on the horse. No workout today. Back tomorrow.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 6 weigh-in: 208.8lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 6: Back was still not feeling great and decided to give it one more day of recovery before getting back to the workout. Back tomorrow (I hope).
  • dralicephd
    dralicephd Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the updates! I'm just another one cheering you on from the sidelines.

Also, good job listening to your body. Sometimes stopping to rest can be the hardest part of this journey.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    Week 4 Day 6 weigh-in: 209.6lbs.
  • FunkmasterRex
    Options
    That should have been: Week 4 Day 7 morning weigh-in: 209.6lbs.