New update removed tracking Weight [Corrected]

Options
GainzNicolo
GainzNicolo Posts: 3 Member
My app updated and tracking my weight has been removed. All I can do now is change my current weight but my previous logins have all been cleared.

Best Answers

Answers

• __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too a few days back (I am on PC). I check-in, input my new weight and new measurements and then when I go back to my newsfeed, it used to say "*** has lost ***lbs, has lost *** in total!" - now it doesn't do that at all, I check in and that's it, nothing on my newsfeed or anything.

I have terrific lag when I try to type onto my status too, I can type it, but it takes about 30 seconds to appear!

Whatever the new update was, it isn't actually doing anybody any favours.
  • jenm00re
    jenm00re Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you changing your current weight in the Goals section? I am really disliking the new update.
  • GainzNicolo
    GainzNicolo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jenm00re wrote: »
    Are you changing your current weight in the Goals section? I am really disliking the new update.

Yes that’s the only way I can log my weight using the app. The previous update button for tracking has been removed (which cleared all my previous logins)
  • suebyrne88
    suebyrne88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think it’s an improvement to only have to enter your weight when there is a change. However, there needs to be a way to track your history.
  • goragon
    goragon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really not liking the new app, can’t add my weight and can’t find the graph displaying my weight.

Also the app is very laggy.
  • saundycale
    saundycale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    During the most recent update of the app on iOS, the progress graph no longer shows summary data about the amount of weight lost over the selected period. To me this is the best indicator of whether or not I am meeting my goals over time. Graph is a great visual indicator, but I realize my actual rate based upon the summary. Is there a way to turn the summary back on? Has it been removed from the app?
  • mrhomer0
    mrhomer0 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    HATE the loss of weight loss tracking and the disappearance of the graph. I've switched to the iOS app Happy Scale (free version) to track my weight.
  • mrhomer0
    mrhomer0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whoops - found weight tracking but it's hard to find. From the Dashboard scroll down below the Calories box until you find Progress where there is a box for Weight and Steps (if set up with another app). Tap on Weight. That will open the familiar weight tracking page on your phone.
  • dskarda6529
    dskarda6529 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    After the app upgraded, I can’t find where to track my weight.
  • stk_pkr
    stk_pkr Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The new version is crazy slow, scrolling is really painful on the dashboard. And the workout integration with my Apple Watch is evidently broken, it's not updating after a reboot and stepping thru all the settings. I've been using mfp daily for 8 years - worst update I can recall.
  • peggy5182018
    peggy5182018 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looks like nobody likes the new app for any reason. Time to cut your losses and go back to the old version. Just because some techie thinks it's "cool" doesn't mean it's practical or functional!
  • ebm57
    ebm57 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I agree! It's the same for Android app. The summary weight loss graph over a specific period is the best motivator! I really miss it! Please bring it back.
  • sparkywhiston
    sparkywhiston Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’ve lost 7 years of daily weight logs. The progress feature is the only reason I use My Fitness. How can we retrieve this data?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,128 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’ve lost 7 years of daily weight logs. The progress feature is the only reason I use My Fitness. How can we retrieve this data?

Your data is not lost, unless something went wrong.
    Have you scrolled down the dashboard to the weight graph? And then teamed on the weigh graph? That should open a page with the graph and the weigh-ins.
  • Pamela5555
    Pamela5555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do not like the new app. Weight tracking too many steps to see progress chart😠
  • Chance42
    Chance42 Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Lietchi is correct; I was super confused on iOS update, but if you go to 'Dashboard' and /scroll down/ you'll see old 'Progress' feature is now graphs. Click the Weight '+' to update it and see the familiar graph. - Chance
  • serushy
    serushy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal recently updated itself and I no longer can see the progress section to add weight and other measurements.
  • magicsiman
    magicsiman Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I’ve used MFP for years and with this UI update I’m reluctantly going to have to leave - it sounds trivial but not having the add weight button easily accessible is awful.
This discussion has been closed.