1/2 marathon training

I put my name in the hat for the lottery drawing for the Nike Women's 1/2 Marathon. And low and behold, my name was selected! I have done four 1/2 marathons in the past, but really wanted to get in the best shape of my life for this one. I made changes to my diet and started training on July 1st and so far have lost 16 lbs (I started my fitnesspal later which is why it says I have lost 11 lbs). I am just looking for a few more friends, to stay encouraged. :)

Replies

• nks798
    nks798 Posts: 71 Member
    That's so awesome! I am a fellow runner, trying to get back into the swing of things after having my baby in May. Feel free to add me :)
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Are you doing the one in SF? Congrats for getting in!

I'm currently training for my 2nd marathon & I live in the SF Bay Area, feel free to add me.
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Awesome - and lucky you for winning! I am always entering to win race entries...no such luck so far, but maybe someday!

I love running and am training for my first marathon in January, with a few other races leading up to it - a 17.1 mile mountain run on September 7th, a Half Marathon trail run on September 12, and hopefully a 20K in October (haven't officially registered for this one yet). Feel free to add me if you're looking for other running friends!
  • Thanks for the encouragement! All have been added, however right now it won't let me add dorianaldyn, the site keeps going down? And yes, it's the SF race on 10/20/13, I can't wait! :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Are you doing the one in SF? Congrats for getting in!

I'm currently training for my 2nd marathon & I live in the SF Bay Area, feel free to add me.

I hate looking back at the fact that I was stationed in SF back when I wasn't into running. *Bangs head against desk*