Customize a Standard Food

Options
michaelleesquires
michaelleesquires Posts: 1 Member
In the physical world, I get a "Starbucks - Tall Soy Mocha" and then modify it (e.g., different amounts, added syrup, etc) That changes the nutritional make-up of it - typically adding carbs.
I'd love to duplicate that food into "my foods", change the name, and modify it. I don't want to add it to the public database so it only matters to me.
Tagged:

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,178 Member
    Options
    In the physical world, I get a "Starbucks - Tall Soy Mocha" and then modify it (e.g., different amounts, added syrup, etc) That changes the nutritional make-up of it - typically adding carbs.
    I'd love to duplicate that food into "my foods", change the name, and modify it. I don't want to add it to the public database so it only matters to me.

In web MFP, it still seems to be possible to add private foods (just make sure the box to share the food with other users isn't checked). I don't know whether that's possible in the phone/tablet app.

One thought, that might work in your specific scenario: If you order different coffee options each time (or frequently), you might consider adding all of your favorite alternatives as one MFP "meal". When you add a meal into your diary, it brings in all of the individual ingredients, and you can delete any you don't want that one time, or modify amounts.

For example, if you sometimes get a 20 oz latte with oat milk, sometimes a 24 oz with dairy milk, sometimes sugar-free caramel syrup, other times sugar-type vanilla syrup, sometimes whip but other times not, make a meal with latte (in ounces), caramel syrup, vanilla syrup, separate oat milk ounces, separate dairy milk ounces, separate whip. When you drink the drink, copy the meal into your diary, tweak the items that differ that time. (IMO, this is easier than having lots of different combo drinks in my list, and for sure easier than looking up each common add-in separately each time).

Obviously, if you get the exact same drink every time, it's probably easier to make it a private food, or even a public food with all of the options explicit in its title.