Have you ever noticed

Options
On all of the "diet" or dietary worksheets, one of the questions they always ask is "how often do you think about food?" Until I started watching everything I eat- I didn't unless I was figuring out what to make for dinner. Now- I wake up thinking- what foods can I eat and stay in my limits! I plan every meal and think about every bite I take. Now I am definitely tinking about food. This is not right.:grumble:
LJ

Replies

• BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    On all of the "diet" or dietary worksheets, one of the questions they always ask is "how often do you think about food?" Until I started watching everything I eat- I didn't unless I was figuring out what to make for dinner. Now- I wake up thinking- what foods can I eat and stay in my limits! I plan every meal and think about every bite I take. Now I am definitely tinking about food. This is not right.:grumble:
    LJ
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Can you eat some of the same meals for awhile? That way you won't be thinking about it as much? For example, I have two or three snacks and my lunch that is all really similar day to day. I don't have to do that forever, but it is an easy way for me to eat healthy without having to decide everything in the morning.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I do that too. LIke..on workdays, I eat the same breakfast, take the same lunch, and usually the same dinner...that one I shake up though. I don't know..I feel more in control and safe (foodwise) when I have my meals the same, and I know how much calories are for each. Maybe that's why I do worse on the weekends, because I don't have the same routine.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    same here! lol but i guess that's actually planning ahead....just not as hard once you decide okay the same thing is cool! lol

we'll get past this too....to make things become a constant you have to retrain yourself to think the new way....I guess...lol

good luck to us all!
    now I'm thinking of food too...THANKS A LOT LJ ha ha!
    hugs!
    Ali
  • rogerrabbit
    Options
    yes but if you were'nt thinking about food you would be just throwing all the junk in that you don't need to lose your weight and that is what diet diary is all about:devil: :devil: :devil:good luck LJ I'm rooting for you........
  • rogerrabbit
    Options
    :glasses: I eat the same brkfast every day so that it's one less option I have to make, and then I choose carfully what I eat for lunch, and dinner is usually progresso soup or something light and that's what has been working for me so far. Good luck Abby, it's not easy for any of us..........
  • rogerrabbit
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm sorry I have'nt introduced myself to this discussion group, I'm Rico and I have 80-lbs. to loose. I have found out through college classes that discussion is a good thing and that to talk out your problems can lead to sollutions... so I'm all in on this discussion group-shame there's not more discussion going on.....:smile: so back to the topic Have you ever noticed how many commercials they put on late on tv about food, food, and more food...I wish I could watch some tv without watching the food comercials....I better shut up now--glad to talk to you....
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Have you ever noticed how many commercials they put on late on tv about food, food, and more food...I wish I could watch some tv without watching the food comercials....

I completely agree. I can sit down to watch some TV when I am not hungry, but after a million McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and soda commercials I can't stand it!