35lbs lost

Options
Hi,

I started my fitness journey about 2 years ago, right before COVID started. I started out at 183lbs and wanted to lose some fat. I started by cutting out the sweets and bread of all types, walking, drinking only water and coffee and tracking my food. I wasn't great at any one thing but the food tracking helped immensely. I learned just how many calories and what types they are in the food I was eating. I also switched to brown rice and sweet potatoes and ate lots of vegetables. I also cut out BBQ and ketchup and went to mustard. I was able to get down to 137lbs before realizing that I also lost muscle in the process. I have now regained some of that and am at 153lbs and feel pretty good. I am leaner and more toned than I ever was. I now mostly lift light to moderately heavy weights 4 times a week and walk regularly. Every other time I tried to diet I would only lose 5-7lbs before giving in. I now eat mostly in moderation and try not to over eat and consume to many sweets. Hope this helps someone.

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Congratulations on both your weight loss as well as going back to build up muscle. 💪
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!